Man! You guys and your food photos are torture;I don't even eat bologna,but I'd kill for that sandwich Joe scarfed down:grin: 

Re the coleslaw question,sadly,we  don't have the BBQ palaces up here in Canuckistan like you guys down there;but I grew up in small town Quebec and we have french frie trucks/wagons/shops all over the place. Besides poutine,one of their delicious specialties is a local concoction called a "steamie".

A steamed fresh hot dog weiner & bun,with a good hot mustard,buried under a spicey/sweet homemade coleslaw:food: :thumbsup: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, gstallons said:

Survey time ; how many of you have had a BBQ sandwich served with cole slaw in (between the meat and the bun) the sandwich ? Some places around here serve it that way .

Gene, Hanson isn't too far from Wickliffe, they served BBQ sandwiches with coleslaw. :thumbsup:data=6cUq6ieyRrCKJe_a5V-zzXYTF3ZyuHkCZYmlqKLQcKttpW_ZqZKxQ9_iLARC21tULvkEYOF-0ZdZAjIzDbBOpOxUrOSMKyk5GWD9u83ArtBPtf_yaWy34bEPnnWd1nhRbL_mBAMxpGhsX5xqtr1gE3ELng8U5X5epVlNgmiT,oaImzGyZ1fMeESYeoVA31.png

• Like 1
4 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

Man! You guys and your food photos are torture;I don't even eat bologna,but I'd kill for that sandwich Joe scarfed down:grin: 

Re the coleslaw question,sadly,we  don't have the BBQ palaces up here in Canuckistan like you guys down there;but I grew up in small town Quebec and we have french frie trucks/wagons/shops all over the place. Besides poutine,one of their delicious specialties is a local concoction called a "steamie".

A steamed fresh hot dog weiner & bun,with a good hot mustard,buried under a spicey/sweet homemade coleslaw:food: :thumbsup: 

I've never had poutine.  Not sure what it is.  Never had cheese curds either and don't know what it is either.

I did get some local Guadalajaran Mexican food for lunch.  The blue collar crowd was having a late lunch to watch Mex vs Saudi world Cup.  I read Mexico won but still  lost.  The food is outstanding and the sauces and pickled stuff are quite spicy.  The steak enchiladas with creme fraiche (not cheese) are to die for.   Someone was eating a fish that was as big as baseball mitt, I'll have to get myself more acquainted to the menu.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I've never had poutine.  Not sure what it is.  Never had cheese curds either and don't know what it is either.

I did get some local Guadalajaran Mexican food for lunch.  The blue collar crowd was having a late lunch to watch Mex vs Saudi world Cup.  I read Mexico won but still  lost.  The food is outstanding and the sauces and pickled stuff are quite spicy.  The steak enchiladas with creme fraiche (not cheese) are to die for.   Someone was eating a fish that was as big as baseball mitt, I'll have to get myself more acquainted to the menu.

I love Mexican food,but it's a rare treat. We don't have a lot of that around here and I'm sure the quality wouldn't compare to what's served down south.

I'm not that big a poutine fan,it's gone crazy now with all the fancy gourmet types.

I used to work with a guy and his favorite was a big platter of fries covered in spaghetti sauce with mozzarella cheese.eeww

There is one famous poutine place way up in Barry's Bay, Charlie D's, that I sometimes ride up to for lunch.

I've always wanted to try his OktoberFest Poutine, which is Sauerkraut W spicy German Sausage over the fries, curds on top,,,but I get up there so rarely I have to go with my favorite standard order;

The Hunters Poutine, which is, big chunks of onion w big tender chunks of venison, stewed up in a burnt dark brown gravy, heaped over the fries covered in snapping fresh, salty curds,,,uuummm,,,it's to die for.:food:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
20 hours ago, Joe said:

Gene, Hanson isn't too far from Wickliffe, they served BBQ sandwiches with coleslaw. :thumbsup:data=6cUq6ieyRrCKJe_a5V-zzXYTF3ZyuHkCZYmlqKLQcKttpW_ZqZKxQ9_iLARC21tULvkEYOF-0ZdZAjIzDbBOpOxUrOSMKyk5GWD9u83ArtBPtf_yaWy34bEPnnWd1nhRbL_mBAMxpGhsX5xqtr1gE3ELng8U5X5epVlNgmiT,oaImzGyZ1fMeESYeoVA31.png

I never said I like it , I have seen it served at certain places ! I can't imagine anything green on my BBQ sandwich . It is a personal opinion .

Uh , we did stop @ Dos Copas in Madisonville Friday for a great meal for the 2 of us for $21 . It was terrific and the place was BUSY !

• Haha 1

There is a "critically acclaimed" BBQ place in Murphysboro , Il. 17th St. BBQ. It's a good place to end up on a warm Saturday afternoon bike ride .  Good place to go , but the BBQ is ok. Not the bst , but is good. 

We don't have Poutine, we have Pannhass, which is like Scrapple. You can also find places around here that serve Puddin', not to be confused with Pudding. Puddin' is also like Scrapple.

I actually like Cole Slaw on a BBQ sandwich. It is a common side for BBQ around here, and when eating a sandwich instead of a platter it is common to put it on the sandwich. It is usually optional. But the flavors go well together.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, gstallons said:

There is a "critically acclaimed" BBQ place in Murphysboro , Il. 17th St. BBQ. It's a good place to end up on a warm Saturday afternoon bike ride .  Good place to go , but the BBQ is ok. Not the bst , but is good. 

Gene, ride your bicycle over to Hanson, eat good BBQ.

• Like 1

I help manage a "Southern Coastal" restaurant in the northern 'burbs of Indianapolis.  Our  BBQ pulled pork sandwich is served with coleslaw and pickled red onions on top of the meat with a  homemade sauce on  a toasted brioche. We also have a short rib grilled cheese with cheddar grilled into the Texas toast. One of many reasons why I have to watch what I eat or take home...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Joe said:

Gene, ride your bicycle over to Hanson, eat good BBQ.

OMG ! Seven miles from Madisonville to Hanson ? 

We were on our way home from a mini-vacation/anniversary/get away in West Baden , In. and stopped there because our stomachs said "lunchtime" .

• Like 1
17 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

We don't have Poutine, we have Pannhass, which is like Scrapple. You can also find places around here that serve Puddin', not to be confused with Pudding. Puddin' is also like Scrapple.

I actually like Cole Slaw on a BBQ sandwich. It is a common side for BBQ around here, and when eating a sandwich instead of a platter it is common to put it on the sandwich. It is usually optional. But the flavors go well together.

add scrapple to something that I don't what it is.  along with curds and poutine....I wouldn't know this stuff if I saw it, don't know what's in it, muchless what it tastes like.   I'm not sure if you're making these out as regional delicacies or something to avoid.  I'm guessing the latter.  

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

add scrapple to something that I don't what it is.  along with curds and poutine....I wouldn't know this stuff if I saw it, don't know what's in it, muchless what it tastes like.   I'm not sure if you're making these out as regional delicacies or something to avoid.  I'm guessing the latter.  

Scrapple and its relatives are what they sound like, making use of the parts that no one wants (at least that is the way I see it). And while to some they are a delicacy, to me and my wife (who used to have to eat Scrapple as a kid growing up on a farm) they are to be avoided. The wife tells me the way she would eat her Scrapple is to smoother it in Ketchup.

Poutine, on the other hand, sounds like something good to eat. I really shouldn't put Poutine in the same boat as Scrapple, Pannhass, and Puddin'. But for some reason I got started down that road when Poutine was mentioned.

• Like 1

Well , scrapple is what it is . 

Souse meat , head cheese , pickled pigs feet and snapping turtle  were things all the "old people" considered GREAT stuff to eat . I could only look at this stuff with bewilderment ! Snapping turtle was the only thing I could eat . Whew .  

So ,I didn't see scrapple as something terrible .

• Like 1