I'm posting this here only because the forum will show that I take PayPal for the Roper slosh plates. 
PayPal has changed their terms of service in a fashion I find unacceptable, so I've deleted my account and will no longer accept or make payments through them.
Cancel Culture and Social Credit Scoring is very real.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-paypal-policy-lets-company-pull-2500-from-users-accounts-if-they-promote-misinformation

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yes, what are the alternatives to pee pail ?  V11LeMans.com does accept direct card donations.

The original post of the Rusty Star Picket Project (P.Roper authorized slopper plate) has been edited by the OP:

• Like 1

Very scarey times.

I don't know how far it made it's way out in the world; but during our recent Freedom Convoy, a hacker working for the Gov't ,got a list of of all supporting donors to Give Send Go; There were literally single Mom minimum wage earners on that list, that had their bank accounts frozen, for donating $5.

I didn't have my bank account frozen, but I was doxxed on a geo file, disseminated world wide to every anitifa wack job out there.

Having witnessed just how tenuous my financial security really was, I attempted to find a major Canadian Bank  that hadn't been infiltrated and influenced by Black Rock et all, impossible, they're all wearing the same team jerseys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Well if we're posting quotes, this one by Booker T Washington, recently became my favorite.

A lie doesn't become truth,

Wrong doesn't become right,

And evil doesn't become good,

Just because it's accepted by a majority.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, 80CX100 said:

Very scarey times.

I don't know how far it made it's way out in the world; but during our recent Freedom Convoy, a hacker working for the Gov't ,got a list of of all supporting donors to Give Send Go; There were literally single Mom minimum wage earners on that list, that had their bank accounts frozen, for donating $5.

I didn't have my bank account frozen, but I was doxxed on a geo file, disseminated world wide to every anitifa wack job out there.

Having witnessed just how tenuous my financial security really was, I attempted to find a major Canadian Bank  that hadn't been infiltrated and influenced by Black Rock et all, impossible, they're all wearing the same team jerseys.

Thanks for that, really. Oh Yes- it got out - to those who would listen. The alternative media had and has Full coverage of all the ___________________________ playing out before our eyes.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

Well if we're posting quotes, this one by Booker T Washington, recently became my favorite.

A lie doesn't become truth,

Wrong doesn't become right,

And evil doesn't become good,

Just because it's accepted by a majority.

“Well you know, that’s just, like, your opinion man”.

-The Dude

• Haha 3

That looks like an incredibly poor move by PayPal - and a quick reversal. While I agree that misinformation is a problem, PayPal seems to be one of the lowest risk places for that to occur anyway.

I've been using Venmo more than PayPal in the last few years. I'm going to keep my PayPal account because it's convenient for all the small spring payments. In my business, we dropped PayPal a few years ago and moved to Stripe for payment processing. It looks like Stripe allows accounts for personal use or small, unregistered business activities (e.g. clubs or sole proprietors).

10 hours ago, docc said:

So, does this mean the fire went out or are we still seeking alternatives to using this company?

docc as far as I'm concerned, as long as there's an alternative to the technocratic oligarchy for my ability to donate, which there is, (a credit card, (until they are captured)) I'm happy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 10/8/2022 at 11:15 AM, Pressureangle said:

I'm posting this here only because the forum will show that I take PayPal for the Roper slosh plates. 
PayPal has changed their terms of service in a fashion I find unacceptable, so I've deleted my account and will no longer accept or make payments through them.
Cancel Culture and Social Credit Scoring is very real.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-paypal-policy-lets-company-pull-2500-from-users-accounts-if-they-promote-misinformation

An interesting thread.  Thanks, @Pressureangle, for posting it.

This illustrates how those who are driven more by content and their cause du jour than process could find themselves sputtering if the underlying reasons were reversed.  

For example -- to use an absurd example simply for effect -- imagine if PP had said the same thing about those who support abortion anytime on demand.  Some, now untroubled by this present rule because they agree with PP's political stance, might be aflame with indignation were the rationale otherwise justified.

I also like what I understand to be Poland's approach to internet censorship by government or tech corps: folks are free to post anything that is not patently unlawful.  

In other words, no matter how stupid or farfetched, one is free to say it, with the rest of us free to accept or reject on the merits.  It is sublimely fascinating to have former commies school us in freedom of speech.  :rolleyes:  To say we peasants are not capable of sorting wheat from chaff is highhanded hubris of the self-appointed elite.

As for alternatives, @docc, I have used PP lots, but do find this disquieting, and will now think about bailing.  I can send ACH payments directly from my online bank when cash need, or use CC for others.  I have used Zelle and Venmo -- https://www.forbes.com/advisor/money-transfer/zelle-vs-venmo/ -- but much less often that PP.

Enough.  It's now time to focus on way more important matters.  So, I'll go putz in the Moto Grappa and see if I can wrench a bit without doing any major damage to my Guzzis.  :D

Bill

• Like 8
  • Sad 1