I should point out, when I write "tangible", I include products and service with that.   Certainly there are many definitions regarding "value" but in an objective and universal sense, currency is the metric in an economic context.  I'll disagree regarding "credit", since it's defined in currency and actually quite specific value based on time value and expected return.  Of course we can consider barter, seashell, beads (or frogs), they blur the lines but are essentially a substitute for currency or historically, pre-currency.  Essentially these are items of inherit value between buyer and seller but not based on an objective, transferable  or universal metric.

I read somewhere that there was a genetic mutation, perhaps 7,000 years ago that changed humanity's understanding of mathematics and accounting.  I can't remember where I read it or even know that it's positively true.  But it's an interesting notion.  

I like my frogs dredged in flour, salt & pepper then sauteed in butter with garlic, topped with parsley and a little lemon juice.. but only the legs(gambalunga?) mind you!

Some people pay good money for "Cuisses de Grenouille" at fancy restaurants, and for others just the thought of it will make them queasy... it really is just about what one considers valuable.. but that taste, let me tell you, is deliciously tangible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 10:15 AM, Pressureangle said:

I'm posting this here only because the forum will show that I take PayPal for the Roper slosh plates. 
PayPal has changed their terms of service in a fashion I find unacceptable, so I've deleted my account and will no longer accept or make payments through them.
Cancel Culture and Social Credit Scoring is very real.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-paypal-policy-lets-company-pull-2500-from-users-accounts-if-they-promote-misinformation

The OP was emphatic why his concern was posted on this forum. That the Original Poster's purpose to advise forum members that his terms of payment have changed has been established, this thread's value has been fulfilled and, therefor, serves no further purpose to this forum, its members, or the OP.

Locked thread, Moderator. :nerd: A series of most recent posts has been set to "hide." If you feel this action is not in the best interest of our forum, drop down the menu from this post's ellipsis and select "Report" to bring this action to the attention of the Admin.

[edit: I reported this action to the Admin myself.  Do "report" this action/post if you feel it should be reviewed.]

Find your P.Roper Authorized Slosh Trays here:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • docc locked this topic