question for the hive mind

Cold Desert Rat

I'm looking for vintage (60s-70s) racing posters and V11 fine art photo pinups to decorate with. Like the low-res example.

Sites like etsy are out. I refuse to join :oldgit:     Ebay is also unsatisfactory.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on where to look.

Thanks in advance.

Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport 94 4.jpg

• Like 3

https://www.douglasmacrae.com/bikes

I came to know of Douglas Macrae while volunteering with the VRRA. He's expensive but he is the best. (He doesn't do just motorcycles, fyi)

He's not only extremely talented in many areas, but extremely inspiring. He gave up racing a while back, when he was diagnosed with inoperable terminal brain cancer; but he still does the odd parade lap on some of Team Obselete's fine vintage racing machines.

He's done some amazing photos of well known racer Dave Roper and others.

If you desire a fine print of a vintage machine captured like a piece of art, go through his catalogue, I'm sure you'll find something you like.

In the near future he's publishing a huge coffee table book, but I know he has an extensive catalogue and can do posters or prints as requested.

Absolutely no pressure, but if you do happen to get one, please post a photo of it. tia

good luck

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks 80csx.

Macrae does wonderful work. He's out of my league. A 24x36 print is in the $400 range.

I would if I could :grin:     And I saw no Guzzis in his catalog.

If money were no object tho, the Lost Singapore Black Lightning would be on the way.

• Like 2

Found this on ebay. In NZ of all places.

Bought it, 12x18, $30 shipped. I wish they sold a larger size :( I have a big wall

Who else thinks these were prettier than the V11? Minus the colostomy bag.

v11 sport blue sm.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/8/2022 at 7:51 PM, 80CX100 said:

https://www.douglasmacrae.com/bikes

I came to know of Douglas Macrae while volunteering with the VRRA. He's expensive but he is the best. (He doesn't do just motorcycles, fyi)

He's not only extremely talented in many areas, but extremely inspiring. He gave up racing a while back, when he was diagnosed with inoperable terminal brain cancer; but he still does the odd parade lap on some of Team Obselete's fine vintage racing machines.

He's done some amazing photos of well known racer Dave Roper and others.

If you desire a fine print of a vintage machine captured like a piece of art, go through his catalogue, I'm sure you'll find something you like.

In the near future he's publishing a huge coffee table book, but I know he has an extensive catalogue and can do posters or prints as requested.

Absolutely no pressure, but if you do happen to get one, please post a photo of it. tia

good luck

That MAN is a photographer !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cold Desert Rat said:

Bought it, 12x18, $30 shipped. I wish they sold a larger size :( I have a big wall

v11 sport blue sm.jpg

Only good thinks come from NZ :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Cold Desert Rat said:

v11 sport blue sm.jpg

Yup,extremely sexy lines, well done finding that :thumbsup:

I must have only ever seen those bikes with chambers & crossovers added, I don't recall ever seeing one of those colostomy bags. I agree very atrocious,:vomit:

Edited by 80CX100
content correction
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, docc said:

Odd, no Guzzi . . . :unsure:

Doug raced Nortons & the Team Obselete stable is comprised of mostly British bikes or extreme exotica.

I know they've got one early 60's MG factory racing single, Dave Roper can really make that thing dance. I've examined it up close, it's beautiful in it's own utilitarian way, but to an artistic eye, probably not so much, idk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gstallons said:

That MAN is a photographer !

His eye & ability to capture composition, light & texture, off the charts; he's also an amazing artist, his paintings are to die for.

• Like 1