spring Kentucky Spine Raid (KSR)

Joe

13 hours ago, docc said:

What is the status of Spine Raiders committed to/ availability at the "3br cottage?"

Docc, I have reached out to a few Spine Raiders most have interest at this point but need to verify time off, some employers won't let you do that until January, that said everyone is welcome to call the Lodge and reserve a room and cancel if you can't make it later next year. There is a campground at the Dale Hollow State resort park, some may want to camp and ride over to the "garage" for tech sessions :luigi:. I have rented the cottage with the garage, two rooms taken, one still available, PM me if interested in the details. As in most Guzzi gathering's, ride your Guzzi, Royal Enfield, whatever and plan on enjoying a good weekend. :bier:

https://parks.ky.gov/burkesville/parks/resort/dale-hollow-lake-state-resort-park

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

images.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am very much interested in making May Kentucky Month -- tho the thought of any centerfolds from this bunch skeers me. :blink:

Anyway, as those who care know -- an exceedingly small group :D -- I have ridden for many years twice to Kentucky annually:  in late May (Memorial Day weekend) and late September for "Mutton Runs."

As I ride exclusively on entertaining backroads vice the slab, the most practical way to make both of these events is to do the sKSR first, then head up to Daviess County.  

That mean$ lodging co$t$ ju$t as $everal of our 13 (ga$p) grandkid$ have birthday$.  The days of those little shixes being happy with empty boxes are long gone.  Moto Guzzis are my hobby; buying things for grandkids is Kathi's.  As my newest Guzzi is a 2017 model, guess who spends more.  😳

The biggest impediment to being gone that long at that time of year as it's prime weed-growing season!  That sounds like a joke, but I'll need to hire a bush hog instead of my zero-turn if I don't get lucky.  I only wish that dandelions and the like were cash crops.  :o

I can mooch for a few days in Eddyville with an old friend, and possibly with some other unsuspecting high-school or college friends -- tho Kathi has a no-fly list that includes a Greensburg redhead from days of yore  :wub: -- that I might lean on for free lodging between the events.

Still, a 1500-mile roundtrip -- something like the map here -- is otherwise enticing. 

i-449rzLw-L.png

I sent a PM to Joe about that cabin's room, but if that is taken or all of this is in my too-hard-do box, I'll reserve a room now at the lodge and cancel if I must later.

Bill

P.S. I am still licensed to practice law in Kentucky, but as an officially retired Old Flatulent and "Senior Counselor," I'm exempt from paying bar dues.  If any of you end up wearing an orange suit, I can return to "active duty" for your court appearance and would only charge you those bar dues.  :grin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

On 11/14/2022 at 10:04 AM, Bill Hagan said:

I am very much interested in making May Kentucky Month -- tho the thought of any centerfolds from this bunch skeers me. :blink:

Anyway, as those who care know -- an exceedingly small group :D -- I have ridden for many years twice to Kentucky annually:  in late May (Memorial Day weekend) and late September for "Mutton Runs."

As I ride exclusively on entertaining backroads vice the slab, the most practical way to make both of these events is to do the sKSR first, then head up to Daviess County.  

That mean$ lodging co$t$ ju$t as $everal of our 13 (ga$p) grandkid$ have birthday$.  The days of those little shixes being happy with empty boxes are long gone.  Moto Guzzis are my hobby; buying things for grandkids is Kathi's.  As my newest Guzzi is a 2017 model, guess who spends more.  😳

The biggest impediment to being gone that long at that time of year as it's prime weed-growing season!  That sounds like a joke, but I'll need to hire a bush hog instead of my zero-turn if I don't get lucky.  I only wish that dandelions and the like were cash crops.  :o

I can mooch for a few days in Eddyville with an old friend, and possibly with some other unsuspecting high-school or college friends -- tho Kathi has a no-fly list that includes a Greensburg redhead from days of yore  :wub: -- that I might lean on for free lodging between the events.

Still, a 1500-mile roundtrip -- something like the map here -- is otherwise enticing. 

i-449rzLw-L.png

I sent a PM to Joe about that cabin's room, but if that is taken or all of this is in my too-hard-do box, I'll reserve a room now at the lodge and cancel if I must later.

Bill

P.S. I am still licensed to practice law in Kentucky, but as an officially retired Old Flatulent and "Senior Counselor," I'm exempt from paying bar dues.  If any of you end up wearing an orange suit, I can return to "active duty" for your court appearance and would only charge you those bar dues.  :grin:

Bill

Good to know we will have good legal counsel at the spring Kentucky Spine Raid.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Joe said:

Bill

Good to know we will have good legal counsel at the spring South N' Spine Raid.

I did not claim "good," only inexpensive. ;)

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Keep me posted . I'm in !

You don't make this one then we're having a SpineRaid between the lifts in your shop!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 11/13/2022 at 8:58 PM, docc said:
3 hours ago, docc said:

You don't make this one then we're having a SpineRaid between the lifts in your shop!

I’ll bring the beer 🍻 

E6616A56-ED9B-4CE9-8264-BC42A3D399A5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

FWIW, the "2br cottage" (next door to TechCentral) is still available. Discounts for Kentucky residents . . .

[First two structures on the right/west entering the park from the north]:

th?id=OIP.M-llyX84iiP__HzkPwGK8gAAAA%26p

dh%202BDA%20600%20ext1%202019.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, docc said:

FWIW, the "2br cottage" (next door to TechCentral) is still available. Discounts for Kentucky residents . . .

[First two structures on the right/west entering the park from the north]:

th?id=OIP.M-llyX84iiP__HzkPwGK8gAAAA%26p

dh%202BDA%20600%20ext1%202019.jpg

Docc, Getting both cottages along with the garage would be perfect.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 8:14 AM, Joe said:

Docc, Getting both cottages along with the garage would be perfect.

Yep, these make good neighbors . . .

dh%203BD%20601%20ext%20front%202019.jpgdh%202BDA%20600%20ext1%202019.jpg

More beds than bedrooms in both.

11 hours ago, docc said:

Yep, these make good neighbors . . .

dh%203BD%20601%20ext%20front%202019.jpgdh%202BDA%20600%20ext1%202019.jpg

More beds than bedrooms in both.

Docc,

Currently we have Bill Hagan, Kale, John (my dad n V7 850 Special), and myself in the 3 bedroom Cottage. I think there is a fire ring for night time bourbon tastings and "tech sessions". 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 3:18 PM, docc said:

Watching for Indiana, Virginia, and East Tennessee SpineRaiders to jump in . . .

Also Ohio, Oklahoma,Texas, Florida, Georgia, and points beyond . . .  (New Jersey, even!)

Just back from vacationing in that area.  The motorcycling roads are stellar!

• Like 1