spring Kentucky Spine Raid (KSR)

Joe

8 minutes ago, docc said:

Also Ohio, Oklahoma,Texas, Florida, Georgia, and points beyond . . .  (New Jersey, even!)

Just back from vacationing in that area.  The motorcycling roads are stellar!

Agree 100%, riding MG spine frames fast all weekend through curvy roads ☑️ Don’t forget the Southern BBQ :food: and endless tech sessions :bier:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Tom in Virginia said:

This event is now on my "ride radar" for spring.  Following....

Tom,

I am 95% in on this, as I also have an event in Daviess County the following week.  

[And, not irrelevantly, Kathi will be in Italy, thus leaving me happily unsupervised. :grin:]

Anyway, let me know if might be in interested in riding for all or part with this Old Flatulent.  If so, we can work the eaches after Epiphany.

Bill

P.S.  I know Hampton isn't next door to the top of the Old Dominion, but let me know if you might have any interest in coming up for the Moto Grappa Tech Days MMXXIII in February.  For more, see ...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bill Hagan said:

Anyway, let me know if might be in interested in riding for all or part with this Old Flatulent.  If so, we can work the eaches after Epiphany.

Bill

P.S.  I know Hampton isn't next door to the top of the Old Dominion, but let me know if you might have any interest in coming up for the Moto Grappa Tech Days MMXXIII in February.  For more, see ...

Yes, I sure will Bill. 

Being 10 hours from the Kentucky Spring Spine location, I may likely trailer and stay at campground there nearby.  That is, only if I get a free pass from the boss.  She is planning a trip to Bahamas with her brother/sister sometime in May and if that occurs during that weekend I will be on triple-dog duty.  Anyway, it's a ways out and I will stay in touch regardless.

And yes, I would enjoy hanging with the guys at your February retreat if other duties/commitments don't prevent.  I'll look more at your link and get back to you for sure.  I've been admiring that gathering for quite a few years now.

Tom

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Tom in Virginia said:

Yes, I sure will Bill. 

Being 10 hours from the Kentucky Spring Spine location, I may likely trailer and stay at campground there nearby.  That is, only if I get a free pass from the boss.  She is planning a trip to Bahamas with her brother/sister sometime in May and if that occurs during that weekend I will be on triple-dog duty.  Anyway, it's a ways out and I will stay in touch regardless.

And yes, I would enjoy hanging with the guys at your February retreat if other duties/commitments don't prevent.  I'll look more at your link and get back to you for sure.  I've been admiring that gathering for quite a few years now.

Tom

Sounds good.  

I'm retired Army, so I don't camp out of continuing protest.  :D

Seriously, I always take two days for my runs to Kentucky.  If taking a southerly route, usually RON at hotel in Princeton, W.V.

Stay in touch.

Emails are better for me than PM's.

Bill - wrhagan AT earthlink DOT net

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 8:10 PM, docc said:

Has anyone rented the second cottage, yet, for the spring Kentucky South'nSpineRaid  ?

Bump…..I have the 1st cottage rented, feeling optimistic for the Spring Kentucky Spine Raid. Plenty of “tech sessions” in the garage, curvy roads and BBQ. We will be staying by the lake, I’ve been researching a few fishing charters if we have anyone interested…..

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 9:00 PM, Joe said:

Bump…..I have the 1st cottage rented, feeling optimistic for the Spring Spine Raid. Plenty of “tech sessions” in the garage, curvy roads and BBQ. We will be staying by the lake, I’ve been researching a few fishing charters if we have anyone interested…..

Count me out of fishing ... other than from the bank.

I have hurled on almost every boat ride I've taken, whether aboard a dreadnaught or a dory, in heavy chop or on a glassy lake.  

Ditto aircraft of all sorts, tail draggers to Delta One over the pond.

Heck, I was a master military parachutist back in the day, when the young(er) paratroopers had been carousing the night before :drink:and now smoked -- yes, really -- in flight.  Couple that with an NOE flight on  a hot North Carolina summer's day, and I was miserable.  That said, I did become quite deft, even elegant :D, at filling the little bag.  

Apologies for the reverie of days of yore, but just reading about your fishing-charter plan made me step outside for a breath of fresh air where I recalled that ancient history. :oldgit:

Just in case I have not been clear enough, that would be "NOPE!" :vomit: to leaving shore.  

Best, 

Bill

P.S. The sKSR, followed by the Mutton Run up to Daviess County, may actually be the start of a moto-run out to the PNW in early June.  :bike:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bill Hagan said:

Count me out of fishing ... other than from the bank.

I have hurled on almost every boat ride I've taken, whether aboard a dreadnaught or a dory, in heavy chop or on a glassy lake.  

Cinnamon. Bring along a big bag of Red Hots or Hot Tamales. Who knew?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gstallons said:

Well ,is that your mess of fish ? You live far enough away you can tell us what you were fishing with.........maybe ?

Cherry bombs were the lures of choice when I grew up in western Kentucky. :grin:

Bill

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Bill Hagan said:

Cherry bombs were the lures of choice when I grew up in western Kentucky. :grin:

Bill

Ha,Ha...cans of corn and cans of dog food  to supplement..:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I was little , I used a Hula Popper . Up into my 40s we started using a Bomber fishing lure . that bomber was almost cheatin' .  One time I caught TWO bass on the plug at one time .One on the front treble hook and on one the rear . These were probably  20oz fish , but I felt like a man ! 

For crappie , everybody used doo-jigs The stupid thing w/them, the darker the sky or water , the darker the jig .