spring Kentucky Spine Raid (KSR)

Joe

Studying the maps, it looks like the cottage is just outside the park entrance. I keep getting about two miles from the lodge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Skip said:

Hey Joe,  Thanks for all the help/info. We reserved a lakeview room at the Lodge. How far is that from your cottage work shop?, walking distance? I'm going to bring a spare 02 SCURA ECU, connecter cables and computer. If there's time maybe we can play with some V-11 tuning mods to go along with those Decent Tune Ups.

SKIP

Skip, just talked to the hotel, the cabins are at the beginning of the resort, across from the golf course. She claimed its about two miles from the main hotel building to Jenning's Road. I will be trailering down because of my father, that said I could run a Spine Raider Uber for those wanting to leave a bike behind @ the garage for "tech sessions". :bier:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Skip, just talked to the hotel, the cabins are at the beginning of the resort, across from the golf course. She claimed its about two miles from the main hotel building on Jenning's Road. I will be trailering down because of my father, that said I could run a Spine Raider Uber for those wanting to leave a bike behind @ the garage for "tech sessions". :bier:

Looks perfect Joe,  Counting the days.

SKIP

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Joe said:

IMG_6996 (002).jpg

IMG_6997.jpg

IMG_6998.jpg

*Pretty sure* sKSR-Central (the "cottage"/602 on the park map) is 209 Jennings Rd on google maps. Looks to be more like 2 1/2 miles from there to The Lodge/restaurant/lodge rooms so, for sure, a shuttle will be much appreciated for the lodge guests! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, docc said:

No dog? Go fish! ;)

I was hoping to hear about the ultralight project. Well, maybe a fly-by then.   :unsure: 

• Like 1

Talked with Joe last night -- who was having his own 4-wheel travel adventure at the time. :wacko:

As I told him, my planned conflicting trip to the PNW has been cancelled/postponed as a result of my riding bud deciding that he should break his arm!  So selfish.  :whistle:

Anyway, as the old saw goes, "it's an ill wind ..., etc."

So, I am back to attending.  Joe said that my readmission will only cost me this:

i-FVrfckp-S.png

After this event, I'll ride back home on Sunday/Monday, and head back to Kentucky's Daviess County on Thursday for the Mutton Run!  On the bright side, too, I'll get to see ailing Aunt Wilma again  :notworthy: ... probably for last the time, at least on this planet.

But, as Kathi will be in Italy :wub:,  I can play.  

Have to figure out some way to keep the hummingbirds fed, and the grass will grow to the point I'll need a herd of goats to keep it mowable, but I don't want to miss the fun.  :race:

Thinking that I'll ride the V7 III for Act I at Dale Hollow, then the Griso for mutton's Act II of My Old Kentucky Home on a Guzzi.

Bill

• Like 4

On 5/4/2023 at 11:19 AM, Skip said:

I was hoping to hear about the ultralight project. Well, maybe a fly-by then.   :unsure: 

Crappy video of a flight around the pattern right before sunset. Had to turn the sound down because of the wind noise so you can't hear the little Verner run. Pay no attention to the growling of a dragging brake. :blush: The weather has been shall we say unconducive for flight testing and learning how to use the cheapie video cam..:lol:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Oh, forgot my excuse for not coming. Grandson Max is coming in from Iowa State to visit for a few days and leave his truck here for the summer before flying back to Socal. The planets just didn't align, and no dog could get them lined up. :grin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

Crappy video of a flight around the pattern right before sunset. Had to turn the sound down because of the wind noise so you can't hear the little Verner run. Pay no attention to the growling of a dragging brake. :blush: The weather has been shall we say unconducive for flight testing and learning how to use the cheapie video cam..:lol:

Beautiful!  Wind sock shows not a puff of wind, nice evening for a flight. Thanks for sharing!