spring Kentucky Spine Raid (KSR)

Joe

26 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

I can truly relate to this Docc, it took me several, well many attempts to get the TPS all working…it’s too sensitive a system but so be it…once charmed into position, it is fantastic.  I had replaced my TPS as well based on your recommendation so hopefully that solves your issue as well.  Worst case scenario the fuel injectors need reconditioning to fine tune it…I wish there was some after market modification to the TPS…

Out of curiosity what do you set your valves to?

Hopefully all Comes together in time for the Spring raid!

If this falter were longstanding or gradual onset, I too would suspect "mapping" or injectors. But it was there, new, upon start-up after the "Tune-up." As usual, I figured it was "something I did." The fact that I cannot find the perfect TPS setting now is maddening. I have no idea why the TPS could "go bad" with a setting change except that it was in a sweet spot before and now I keep setting it where there is a fault in the potentiometer. 17,000 miles on this "California Cycle Works" PF3C.  To be determined if a new TPS addresses the issue . . .

Valves are 0.006/0.008" I/E.  With only 4250 miles since the last valve adjustment, the left needed no change and I loosened the right "maybe" 0.0005". Enough to make the feeler gauge slide easier rather than tightly. I was jazzed with this since I have been monitoring a left exhaust valve tightening up over the years.

• Like 2

...and this is what drove me mad for a while as well, when I fiddled with my TPS for the first time as well a few months ago...hopefully the new one solves the problem.  It would be nice if these mechanical devices would have a digital readout on them so one could see it all the time w/o having to connect up the Casper cable all the time to measure it.

Of course, an easier way to adjust the right hand side idle screw would also be nice, it's a royal PITA to get to all of the time...

All the best on finding the culprit...nothing like an annoying cough, surely there's some Robitussin for these V11's one could apply w/o having to go thru so many gyrations!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Moto America SuperBike is legit this year, have a safe trip Randy.

A Duc, a Yamaha, and a Beemer all with intense riders. It's going to be interesting.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

...and this is what drove me mad for a while as well, when I fiddled with my TPS for the first time as well a few months ago...hopefully the new one solves the problem.  It would be nice if these mechanical devices would have a digital readout on them so one could see it all the time w/o having to connect up the Casper cable all the time to measure it.

Of course, an easier way to adjust the right hand side idle screw would also be nice, it's a royal PITA to get to all of the time...

All the best on finding the culprit...nothing like an annoying cough, surely there's some Robitussin for these V11's one could apply w/o having to go thru so many gyrations!

Taking my Falter Struggle back to the Air Bypass thread and give Joe his topic back . . .

• Like 1

TPS on my Sport has been OK for 50k.  The EV has had three or four at 72k.  Recently got the whole thing done, cleaned out the TB, reset balance and replaced TPS (actually went through 2, first one sent back).

At the same time, got balance & tune, brakes and tires and once over on the Sport.  TPS OK.

I hope my Guzzi fiddling is done for a few years.  I've thought about getting rid of the EV and sometimes the Sport but once I ride them, especially when they're running RIGHT, they put a smile on face.  Since I've got them back the Duc was been ridden about half as before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

TPS on my Sport has been OK for 50k.  The EV has had three or four at 72k.  Recently got the whole thing done, cleaned out the TB, reset balance and replaced TPS (actually went through 2, first one sent back).

At the same time, got balance & tune, brakes and tires and once over on the Sport.  TPS OK.

I hope my Guzzi fiddling is done for a few years.  I've thought about getting rid of the EV and sometimes the Sport but once I ride them, especially when they're running RIGHT, they put a smile on face.  Since I've got them back the Duc was been ridden about half as before.

Bingo to all of that!

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 5:26 PM, Joe said:

Plus…

Dad- V7 Special.

KaleV11- Silver V11 Sport 

Dennis- Triumph Tiger 900.

Me- V11 Sport Rosso Mandello.

Goofman- 1200 Sport.

Docc,

We have gathered up supplies to have a nice cookout on Saturday night, I think Kale got Brats to grill, I can’t wait, it’s going to be epic. Also bringing fire wood & plenty of KY Bourbon to sip on during the tech sessions.

Having just set my TPS about nine times :angry2:, I'm hoping I have something to offer for the TechSessions (without actually becoming a TechSession :whistle: ).

What a great roster. Gonna be awesome to see some familiar faces and also get to meet some new folks. :bier:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, docc said:

Having just set my TPS about nine times :angry2:, I'm hoping I have something to offer for the TechSessions (without actually becoming a TechSession :whistle: ).

What a great roster. Gonna be awesome to see some familiar faces and also get to meet some new folks. :bier:

Becoming the tech session…. Hmmm I remember pulling over on the Cherohala, someone had front brake issue or something…..instant tech session on the fly. :unsure: :blink: B)

DB6CDEA3-F8CA-43E4-83A7-C4A4A7DE5F0E.jpeg

9885D290-B964-43F3-8C29-2DF9C29AD139.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah. I don't want to be that guy. Again.

I try, but that was the strangest brake failure, ever. You guys were awesome hanging with me.

Right down to :notworthy:@kalev11 following me out to to the ledge hollering, "Don't jump, docc !"

F5D1B2AF-4A46-400D-9A64-AFDBA1AA099F.jpeg

• Haha 2

The V7 is pawing the stable floor.

As for fuel range, Docc, it’s always, an “it depends” thing.

i have never run out of gas on either of my V 7’s. The Stornello is the thirstier of the two, the V7 III has gone over 200 on a full tank, and I still had more when I filled it then I thought should be there. 

Given the forecast 38-40F overnight low, I am a wee bit less enthusiastic about an early launch than my mount,

And, last-minute leave-the-house chores may mean a later and warmer morning start, anyway.

Not sure where I’ll spend tomorrow night, but I want to get down the road as far as I can.

My laptop is hors de combat and in the shop for a month, so everything I do digitally is a PITA on the cell phone.

Riding will cure my whining. :bike:

Bill

• Like 4

Well, darn it , and thanks to Best Buy fornicating me much of the morning, I didn’t get away from Winchester until 1 p.m.

Made it to Parkersburg, West Virginia, which leaves a big chunk of an almost 400 miles to ride tomorrow.

C'est la vie. There are worse fates. :bike:

Bill

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bill Hagan said:

Well, darn it , and thanks to Best Buy fornicating me much of the morning, I didn’t get away from Winchester until 1 p.m.

Made it to Parkersburg, West Virginia, which leaves a big chunk of an almost 400 miles to ride tomorrow.

C'est la vie. There are worse fates. :bike:

Bill

No doubt, you will arrive to a warm welcome. :drink:

Ahead of the storms would be a bonus . . .

• Like 2