spring Kentucky Spine Raid (KSR)

Joe

This place is and has always been a god send as far as keeping these bikes on the road!

Especially in the early days of ownership when having ah teething issues and getting them sorted!

Even when you have it sorted it's still a bloody great place to hang out as I get the feeling we're all kinda like-minded!

Anyhoo it's a credit to both Jaap and Doc and long may it continue to be such a beacon!

Cheers 

Ps actually I see new members keep on joining so definitely doing it right....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, guzzler said:

This place is and has always been a god send as far as keeping these bikes on the road!

Especially in the early days of ownership when having ah teething issues and getting them sorted!

Even when you have it sorted it's still a bloody great place to hang out as I get the feeling we're all kinda like-minded!

Anyhoo it's a credit to both Jaap and Doc and long may it continue to be such a beacon!

Cheers 

Ps actually I see new members keep on joining so definitely doing it right....

May we all get to take our own shortcuts from Nayook to Noojee! :bier:

I tried that from Dowelltown to DaleRidge on the way to this KSR and rode the worst "road" in my riding career.

It was some combination of a Trials Course and a bombed-out battlefield. I ran off the "road" (just) once and only noticed as the surface improved up the local's driveway!  :o

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Quite a spread.  I'd love to see the Alfa and the rug it's on.  @Goofman

The Alfa sign has a story, but it's a motivational dream, so far.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Goofman said:

The Alfa sign has a story, but it's a motivational dream, so far.

Rick, how about this car? Old school MotorWeek Flashback video, super cool Alfa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2023 at 5:48 PM, fotoguzzi said:

Skip, which one of you 3 rode two bikes? Or was one of them a spare? The trailer looks packed, did you have enough tongue weight?

I'm the one who brought and rode the V11 and 14 Custom. My son Gus rode the Norge and our buddy Tim rode his Harley.  We packed them tight in that configuration for less wind drag at 75 mph. with 175# tongue weight. Was it overloaded, YES. Tim and Gus rode the cruisers on the way home, took off almost 2000# towing weight.

SKIP

• Like 5

@Skip - Really awesome, your coming all that way. Added a whole dimension to the KSR.

I wish I had taken some pictures of your California. That custom fairing you made for it is impressive. Top tier styling and workmanship! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, docc said:

@Skip - Really awesome, your coming all that way. Added a whole dimension to the KSR.

I wish I had taken some pictures of your California. That custom fairing you made for it is impressive. Top tier styling and workmanship! :thumbsup:

:pic:

2108E112-0569-4F10-8C41-9C921E147DBF.jpeg

61B3F0E8-8F6F-440B-86EB-E4DF02784CFA.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I didn't like the fact that I had more doors than anyone there & my hands would not cooperate

. One thing I can say , we could have changed out wheel bearings (Kale's) , changed oil pan gaskets, clutch job , adjusted valves , synchronized TBs ,replaced swingarm bearings and just about anything else because I can do one thing right . Load a truck up for a service call ! 

Oh yeah , jump box , battery charger and scanner for overheating vehicles .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gstallons said:

I didn't like the fact that I had more doors than anyone there & my hands would not cooperate

. One thing I can say , we could have changed out wheel bearings (Kale's) , changed oil pan gaskets, clutch job , adjusted valves , synchronized TBs ,replaced swingarm bearings and just about anything else because I can do one thing right . Load a truck up for a service call ! 

Man, you were all over this SpineRaid thing . . . :luigi:B)

IMG_9871.jpg

IMG_9867.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 8:10 PM, docc said:

I recall @Bill Hagan coined "Garage Mahal " for his digs in Atlanta. Bill's new digs be "Moto Grappa ."  :drink:

Goofman's cool section is known as "Moto Brimstone " . . .

14B00083-DE41-45A0-9D9A-584BB52D9D9C.jpeg

IMG_9860.jpg

(My digs are known as . . . the garage.) :whistle:

A few brief — by my wordy standards, of course :D — on the above.

Thanks, Docc, but I did not coin the “Garage Mahal,” and, in fact, that label has been on long use WRT garages. My only twist was to call mine, the GarageMahalo.

That was a play on words based primarily on my gratitude for having what I had, and have. We had lived in Hawaii for a few years and the word Mahalo for thank you just seemed right.

I am, by the way, back in Kentucky. This time in Daviess County for my semiannual Mutton Run. The event is tomorrow, but I left on Thursday with some buddies and just got here. Visited Cadre Cycles and Gateway, two great dealers. I’m trying to decide between the Navale edition of the V100 or the Guardia D’onore V85. Or, perhaps most wisely, neither.

Had a fine time at KSR; more when I get home.

Bill

IMG_5128.jpeg

IMG_5131.jpeg

IMG_5144.jpeg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, gstallons said:

Gene without a doubt, you were the official KSR Pit Stop Crew Chief. :luigi:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...