spring Kentucky Spine Raid (KSR)

Joe

4 hours ago, Skip said:

Great, Thanks Joe          You answered all my questions and have given all the info I was looking for. We'll leave early Thursday, 11 hr. drive so we will trailer the bikes and get a room at the lodge. Are we riding on Sunday or is that when everyone packs up and heads home ?  Thanks Again

Happy Easter All

SKIP

Skip,  I only live two hours away so I can ride some Sunday, head home in the afternoon. :bike:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is this some sort of Spine Raid ritual...tear down the bike  just a few weeks before gathering of the Spineys?  That looks to be a bit more extensive than just a "Tank off Maintenance"!  Or is this a Ujoint replacement exercise coupled with a "let's replace the clutch for fun" since we're in this deep already?

Sounds like a fun run to be sure!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

Is this some sort of Spine Raid ritual...tear down the bike  just a few weeks before gathering of the Spineys?  That looks to be a bit more extensive than just a "Tank off Maintenance"!  Or is this a Ujoint replacement exercise coupled with a "let's replace the clutch for fun" since we're in this deep already?

Sounds like a fun run to be sure!!

Maybe just "fair warning" while I debate mounting a new front tire, or riding out the last of this one . . .

• Like 2

Aha...so this advance maintenance could then (hopefully?) lead to the creation of a problem on the road, which could then be solved by the collective wisdom while gathered together at the lodge!  Good thinking!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

Aha...so this advance maintenance could then (hopefully?) lead to the creation of a problem on the road, which could then be solved by the collective wisdom while gathered together at the lodge!  Good thinking!!

Let's say that image is "for reference only."  :nerd:

I would rather (never again) "lead to the creation of a problem on the road ."

Waddington has hunted me down before . . . :ninja:

• Like 6

14 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Exactly, tech sessions garage :bier:

• Like 2

• docc changed the title to spring Kentucky Spine Raid (KSR)

Moderator edit:

Due to an ongoing confusion with another "idea" with a very similar name, the title and references to this important "idea" have been edited to:

Kentucky Spine Raid

spring Kentucky Spine Raid

KSR

sKSR

Just to clarify, if possible, this is an entirely different "idea" than the longstanding "South'n SpineRaid" carrying on in Tellico Plains,Tennessee, the weekend after (US ) Labor Day:

• Like 2

All SpineRaids have things in common.

SpineRaids in the southern US? Maybe more things in common than not.....

Second South'n SpineRaid, 2006, Sweetwater, Tennessee:

IMG_2379.jpg

Yep, that's @Bill Hagan. Yep, they're fly fishin'. Uh, yep, in the parking lot . . . :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/20/2023 at 8:55 PM, docc said:

Four weeks out and no one has their V11 apart?

Do I have to go out on this limb myself . . . :luigi::rolleyes::whistle:

IMG_2583.JPG.jpeg

Nah.  I've got CARC bike.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1