spring Kentucky Spine Raid (KSR)

Joe

Andie McDowell ? YEOW !!!

The arthritis in my hands . I will just have to show you . I thought it was the lubricants I have on my hands 10hrs/day. This just came up out of nowhere in the last 6mos. This started with the joints in my middle fingers and it got worse. I have never ever had anything like this before .

G'day fella's

Yeah it started with me about 10 or so years ago in my hands...

I couldn't open a twist top bottle because of the pain in my hands!

Then I remembered Mum going on about cod liver oil and having to take it daily when she was a girl so thought I'd give it a go.Not the most pleasant thing but thought gotta be a better way so started taking fish tablets 1000g x 4 daily. 

This really works for me maybe because I got onto it straight away? I have forgotten to take them on the odd occasion and within days the pain returns.... so now I don't forget!

I have noticed a few more aches and pains of late and had a touch of it in my toes and feet/ankles as well. At one stage I could hardly walk (left ankle) and thought maybe it was Gout but turned out it wasn't thankfully.

I read somewhere that Vitamin C is a good anti-inflammatory as well and have taken to adding the juice of half a lemon to my bottle of water lately and this seems to be quite good too.So far these wee remedies work for me and I'm hoping they continue to do so and I don't have to start taking meds for it! I know others who have to as these natural remedies don't work for them and thank my lucky stars they do for me.

This gettin old caper's not funny at times eh.

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Cod liver oil, another thing mandatory when real young.  And that was the real thing, hardly flowing out of that green bottle. Not the same today, watered out and.  Whale meat was usual those days.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, guzzler said:

Ha ha, whoops I meant to say Fish oil tablets...

Oh and 4 x 1 g (1000mg) tabletsl

Just in case anyone's worried about consuming 8.8lb's of it??

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, docc said:

In the most insidious way, this thread has made it firmly back to fish . . . :whistle:

image.png

• Haha 2

On 3/19/2023 at 8:13 PM, docc said:

In the most insidious way, this thread has made it firmly back to fish . . . :whistle:

Docc, bring that to the sKSR tech sessions garage.

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2023 at 9:43 AM, Bill Hagan said:

Can't "like" that, @gstallons.

I, too, have that affliction, but, as it's on the mild side, I find that aspirin cuts it (enough) to push through.

My right wrist is the way more painful of the pair, following a "I laid 'er down" event in 2003.  

I was attempting to pass an old red pickup on that sweet stretch of ridge-top pavement on Alab. SR 281 near Cheaha S.P. -- yes, flashed lights and tapped horn -- when said bubba turned left without warning of any kind.  Told me it was his "reg'lar turn'round point."  :homer:

Bent my right thumb all the way back!  Yes, that hurt some.  :wacko:

Then rode the EV to a friend's house in Anniston.  Said friend's wife was a RN, and he a bourbon aficionado. A nice combo. ;)

OK, must go on with (related) Paul Harvey.

So, had surgery.  Seemed to go well. Then, after wearing cast for a bit, I went in for a checkup.  

You know it's a bad sign when the doc's assistant starts to heave when she removed the first cast.  :vomit:

Next thing I knew, I was in an ambulance headed to the hospital!

In the prep for surgery #2, the anesthesiologist -- a stunning darling of a woman who looked (at least in my memory and retelling) like Andie McDowell right out of Groundhog Day -- asked me if there was anything I wanted.  I passed over what I wanted to say ;), and came up with a lame "How about a beer?"

She responded with "Let's make it a six pack," and punched the button.  Lights out.  

OK, back to writing that speech on 19th century military law.  Call me if you are suffering from insomnia along with arthritis.    :D

Bill

Paul Harvey “ The rest of the story”

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Myself and two others are thinking about joining the KSR. Is the Mary Ray Oaken Lodge the base of operation ?  Reservations  need to be made so let me know. Looking forward to some good times.  THANKS

SKIP

• Like 1

This isn't a reply to Skip's, next above, as that's in Joe's lane.

But ... legendary Virginia Guzzista Ron Komoroski forwarded this email to his list. I paste it in so that attendees of the sKSR might plan a raid on the krautrad riders and fellow travelers.  :grin:

I am still sad that I had to back out for unfixable calendar-conflict issues.

Bill

=======

Va Guzzisti,

Dear Ron and Alice Komoroski:

My name is Ken King and I represent the BMW Motorcycle Club of Nashville (BMW MCON). The BMW MCON is hosting its annual European Riders Rally in Burkesville, KY May 18-21. This is the 24th year for our Club to host the European Riders Rally in Burkesville, KY. As the name of the Rally implies, all makes and models of Euro bikes are welcome at the rally. In the past, we’ve had a decent contingent of Moto Guzzi bikes owners attend the rally.  I noticed on the Moto Guzzi National Owners Club website that you were listed as the "Virginia Reps”. I just wanted to make you aware of the Rally should a group of Moto Guzzi riders out of Virginia want to attend.

You can learn more about the Rally by visiting our club’s rally web page at 

Also attached is a PDF of an promotion we’ve posted in various motorcycle magazines advertising the rally. It has a QR code you can scan to get to the same web pages. Feel free to pass the PDF along to other Moto Guzzi riders or even post to your social media pages. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at ken.king@comcast.net or call or text me on my mobile at 615-495-6374 (m).

Thank you.

Ken King
Rally Chair - 2023 European Riders Rally
BMW Motorcycle Club of Nashville
615-495-6374 (m)

Skip,

sorry to get back with you so late but have been out of town with the family. We have some people camping at the campground at the State Park, we the 3 bedroom cottage that sleeps 7, at this point w Bill's scheduling issues we have 3 people set for the cottage with the tech sessions garage. As long as I can sleep on the couch out of the rain, were good, welcome all, just PM me. The Mary Ray Oaken Lodge has the restaurant and plenty of rooms to accommodate the spring Kentucky Spine Raider's, 270-433-7431.

Bill,

You are absolutely correct, the BMW of Nashville Euro Rider's Rally will be held in Burkesville KY at the same time as the Guzzi Spine Raid. This was completely coincidental with my spine raid idea adviser and myself, but hey it means that their will be plenty of cool bikes riding around the area. The Euro Rally is held in the city park and is camping with a bath house. By the end of the weekend I'm sure many will be over to kick tires in the tech session bourbon garage.

* As for all interested in attending, now is the time to book a room. We are going to have a great time kicking tires, sipping bourbon and enjoying riding the local curvy roads. *

I plan on being onsite Friday morning of the 19th, to open up the cottage/garage. If you need any more info feel free to PM me, thanks.

IMG_5531 (002).jpg

IMG_5552.jpg

IMG_5557.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great, Thanks Joe          You answered all my questions and have given all the info I was looking for. We'll leave early Thursday, 11 hr. drive so we will trailer the bikes and get a room at the lodge. Are we riding on Sunday or is that when everyone packs up and heads home ?  Thanks Again

Happy Easter All

SKIP

• Like 1