V11 Parts availablity

docc

My Sport has passed the 22 year ownership point, nearly 128,000 miles/ 206.000 km

Needless to say I have sourced some parts. :luigi:

On another recent thread I listed a few of my current sources and said that I had parts on the way from six of them:

MGCycle (Wisconsin, USA), CadreCycle (Ohio, USA), TLM (Teo LaMers, Nederlands), Agostini (Mandello del Lario, Italy), Harpers (Missouri, USA), Stein-Dinse (Germany), "ebay", "Amazon", and so many others . . .

Not the least of which are the generous members of this fine V11LeMans.com community. You folks rock! :mg:

Three or four years ago, a South'n SpineRaider handed me white face, Veglia tachometer and said, "Pretty sure you will find a home for this." Last year it got mounted to a member's LeMans. :thumbsup:

Several years ago, I got a PM from a member who said he had sold his V11, but wanted to send me his spares pile. I've been handing them out ever since.

Recently, I was reminded that AliExpress (Chinese "amazon"?) is a resource, as well.  When we find alternative sources for specific parts, please post in @Scud's  Encyclopedia of Compatible Parts.

Otherwise, I just wish to report that parts, spares, and alternative sources remain available. No V11 should be laid-up for lack of functional parts.

Having the Parts Catalog listings/part numbers for your exact application, and knowing how to search specific source sites, along with exactly what to order is, perhaps, the greatest challenge.  :nerd:

• Like 14

Since my 'Sport has passed the 25 year mark, and with the real risks obviated by the wreck on the way home from the SSR, I've started acquiring spare parts that I otherwise would not have, even though my hope and expectation is that in 20 years they'll still be collecting dust on the shelf. 

BTW the 1100 Sport facebook group just posted a Kentucky Carb Sport for sale, looking for venues and values. If I had the garage space I'd buy the whole thing.

• Like 3