As a "birthday present" (months early) to myself I paid cash for a  2022 Royal Enfield 350 Classic.  For putting around suburbia and the work commute it nearly always brings a smile to my face. It makes going "slow' in town entertaining, I haven't found a corner angle too deep,  and 83mpg to boot! The Guzzi isn't going anywhere soon, but a turnkey toy in bronze an chrome has been wedged into the now crowded garage....

• Like 6

Must be something in the Indiana water.. here's mine. I test rode one and was smitten. :wub: Nice stampings, castings, paint work, fit and finish. Chassis by Harris. Sweet little ohc long stroke engine. Smooth, comfortable.. what's not to like? Oh. Cheap, too. (Guzzi content) :grin:

20220910_162429.jpg

• Like 9
6 hours ago, Chuck said:

Must be something in the Indiana water.. here's mine. I test rode one and was smitten. :wub: Nice stampings, castings, paint work, fit and finish. Chassis by Harris. Sweet little ohc long stroke engine. Smooth, comfortable.. what's not to like? Oh. Cheap, too. (Guzzi content) :grin:

20220910_162429.jpg

Chuck, Is the color Halcyon Black? I agree with you the fit and finish looks great.

+1 on the fit & finish. Nice straight and even weld lines. Some of the Stripes are stickers, but bang for the buck is outstanding...btw, what are your saddlebags? I'm lugging a moto fizz on the seat right now and would like to do better. I love the functionality of the bag, but it is a little clunky and clumsy. 

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Chuck, Is the color Halcyon Black? I agree with you the fit and finish looks great.

It's Halcyon green. Changes color depending on the lighting. Anywhere from green to blue green to black. I like the bronze ones, too.. but I couldn't get one from the local dealer. They have been selling as soon as they come in, (or before) a good thing for the dealer. He's an old Guzzi Guy that took on Royal Enfield a long time ago. I thought at the time, "don't quit your day job" but he has been a dealer ever since and it is now paying off. Good for him. :thumbsup:

• Like 3
3 hours ago, billgreenman1 said:

+1 on the fit & finish. Nice straight and even weld lines. Some of the Stripes are stickers, but bang for the buck is outstanding...btw, what are your saddlebags? I'm lugging a moto fizz on the seat right now and would like to do better. I love the functionality of the bag, but it is a little clunky and clumsy. 

The bags are off Etsy. $65 delivered from India. (!) Goat skin. Cow would be better of course.. but that isn't going to happen. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
19 minutes ago, footgoose said:

And @Chuck if yer talking about Mike @ Speed City, I agree. He had the first greenie (2) I'd seen in town and has built some nice bikes as well. Seems he has a black on in stock, Joe:whistle:

Ironically tomorrow I’m going to pick up my Indian Chieftain at Indian Motorcycle of Lexington. Getting some service work done along w installing heated grips.😎The dealer also sells CFmoto & Royal Enfield.

Chuck has absolutely inspired me to kick a leg over a 350 Classic & maybe a 650 Interceptor or Himalayan. 🤔 

• Like 2

So I sat on all of the Royal Enfield dealership selection repeatedly. I liked the Scram 411, the 350 Meteor sat good. But my heart dropped for a Ventura Storm Continental GT. So I went on a 10 mile test ride. I was really surprised by the initial quality impression. The power wouldn’t blow you away but was adequate and fun. The brakes by Brembo work brilliantly, and the bike feels a hundred pounds lighter than my dads 2022 V7 850 Special. The bike feels like it could run w that bike even if it’s only a 650. The transmission shifts quite a bit better also. :rasta: :ph34r: :2c:

Working on final approvals from financial advisor, aka my wife, will keep you posted. Oh yeah almost forgot, the riding triangle mimick’s the v11 Sport very closely.

4B35487A-8361-46CE-AF5A-E0E04E8E172E.jpeg

• Like 1
On 10/28/2022 at 11:47 PM, billgreenman1 said:

Guilty of taking the bronze/chrome. Normally I'm not into flashy anything, but it was lust at first sight.

Gaaa! *You* are the guy. :bbblll::grin: I had called Mike and he said he had a bronze one in stock, but didn't offer test rides. I rode the AeroLario to a Hawg dealer in Lafayette, who did. I liked it a lot, but told the Hawg dealer to stick that $500 "market adjustment" charge where the sun don't shine. :rasta: Politely, of course.

Rummaged through my couch cushions, found enough to buy one of these little Enfields, ;) and he had sold the bronze one the day before. Had the military versions, but they don't do it for me. Said he had a greenie coming in a week or two. The rest is history.

The Kid was down from Wisconsin this weekend, and he feels exactly the same as I do. Rode it a long time, I was beginning to wonder if he'd crashed somewhere. :D "Needs a little more power. The front end is over sprung. The brakes are fabulous considering the price of this thing. Very comfortable, much like an Eldo riding position, but better. I really don't anything bad to say about it, especially considering the price."

• Like 2

I see a Royal Enfield thread in our future .  My buddy worked for a company that (their branch) tested any & everything doing w/two wheels . He said the Enfield was a great bike .  Build quality , looks , engine , everything. IDK who is in charge w/the bikes , but they are doing it right !

Edited by gstallons
spelling error
  • Like 2