V11 Front Suspension

Kostarika

On 10/31/2022 at 2:53 PM, gstallons said:

Make sure the fork caps on your bike are identical to the one shown in the pics on the advertised forks.

Is that the best way to identify the different versions?

Yep , trust me . I know after ordering all the stuff to reseal my forks .  

The gold anodized forks are of course Ohlins .  The other ones are Marzocchi . Unpainted and painted . Early and late model .  Look at the fork caps to be sure about the Marzocchi . The painted forks in the above picture are late model forks .  There are no absolutes on this , so just go by pictures to match them up . 

Also, be aware of axle variations. Early 40 mm Marzocchi had either a screw in axle and a nutted axle.

Later 43mm Marzocchi had either  a solid axle and a hollow axle, IIRC....

Seems that early forks had both compression and rebound adjustment and later forks, compression only?

Who knows ? as w/MG , there is one thing for certain , there's nothing for certain!

Looking at my Red frame and Black frame bikes , the red frame has 40mm unpainted forks and the black frame has 40mm painted forks. I have a 43mm painted fork out in the shop and it has the different fork cap/adjuster setup from the others. These measurements are taken on the lower portion of the fork leg.

Take pictures and measurements before you do anything.  

p.s. buy a parts manual so you can be sure , amused , entertained and thoroughly confused.

• Haha 1