Moto Guzzi Enthusiast Royal Enfield Thread

53 minutes ago, billgreenman1 said:

These guys seem to have targeted their audience well in terms of their paint schemes; that green/black is fantastic! No bubble gum there...

I agree 100%

• 2 weeks later...

A friend has an Enfield 500 single. I’m not an Enfield guru but this one is an early 1960’s vintage & was made in the Redditch UK factory.  All UK production ceased in 1970 and since then all RE’s have been made in India. His is very well used and not a show pony. He even took it to the classic IOM TT this year. Here it is next to my 03 Sport. Not my cup of tea personally, if I was to downsize it would be to a small block Guzzi, or maybe a Ducati Scrambler, but I have to admit the Interceptor 650 twin looks like a classic Brit twin should 

D0441FFD-A023-41C9-87D8-F725961D19C1.jpeg

• Like 4

On a summer evening ride out. MK 1 Le Mans, my ‘99 Silver V11, Cali 111, & a Enfield Bullet 500 complete with monster top-box. The Guzzi’s had to restrict the speed to around 60 mph max, as the 28 bhp Bullet struggled to maintain “big block progress”, but of course it’s not really a fair comparison 

EAB5A89F-1711-49FD-91C4-5B0BB293B8DF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

On a summer evening ride out. MK 1 Le Mans, my ‘99 Silver V11, Cali 111, & a Enfield Bullet 500 complete with monster top-box. The Guzzi’s had to restrict the speed to around 60 mph max, as the 28 bhp Bullet struggled to maintain “big block progress”, but of course it’s not really a fair comparison 

EAB5A89F-1711-49FD-91C4-5B0BB293B8DF.jpeg

Good looking bikes Guzzimax, the Bullet is def a blank in that group. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

Chuck posted a photo of his bike on WG.  It's a stylish thing.  I think Chuck probably wears tweed now and smokes a pipe when he rides.  

WOT? No more red suspenders? :oldgit:  :o

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, docc said:

WOT? No more red suspenders? :oldgit:  :o

Gots them too. Oldest rider award..

Yeah, it's stylish. Looks and sounds a lot like bikes I rode as a kid without the constant hassle.. very pleasant to ride. Slowly. :grin:

20220910_162429.jpg

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Chuck said:

Gots them too. Oldest rider award..

Yeah, it's stylish. Looks and sounds a lot like bikes I rode as a kid without the constant hassle.. very pleasant to ride. Slowly. :grin:

20220910_162429.jpg

I see that’s the 350 classic with 20.2 bhp and 19.9 ft-lbs torque. Getting off a V11 I would be missing the other 50 ft-lbs. It’s the torque that makes the ride for me. A friend has just bought this military look Bullet. Great for slow getaways :grin:

E78EE42B-F078-4255-A4CA-C2B8A9C2FBE2.jpeg

2 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Notice the Leather Saddle Bags on Chuck's bike.  That's where he keeps his pipes.  I have no idea what he's smokin'.  ;)

:rasta:

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...