Ok let’s have some fun spotting all the bs in this…

I’ve gotta share this V11 custom build write-up.  As I read it my eyebrows went up and up and i think they went over the top of me head and fell off behind me.

Soooo much absolute bull…

https://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/moto-guzzi-cafe-racer/moto-guzzi-v11-cafe-racer/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR27foPMCvc7c5RvCXFCFeGFryPm4ZIzVGk6xu7d-jE6D-Bf_yLFcEgwnXI#Echobox=1667972378

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, docc said:

moto-guzzi-caferacer-7.jpg

I just gotta love the location of the passenger pegs . . . er, maybe that's not what they are . . .B)

Its the turquoise ring on the rims that sets it apart. :ninja:

Docc, at least he fixed the front fender issue you have been suffering through. :luigi:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Joe said:

Its the turquoise ring on the rims that sets it apart. :ninja:

The builder obviously has skills, but similarly no taste. A lot of money & work to end up with that mess :doh:

I think the tank looks like a thing of beauty, but then doing it up in the red pin stripes & turquoise trim :vomit:

The exhaust is admirable & not bad, but I count about 3 different metal finishes/appearances if his design goal was a rat bike appearance he succeeded.

A nice ceramikot or similar finish on the exhaust, get rid of all the tacky colors clashing, the cheesy Moto Guzzi labels on the levers/headlight ring,,, & the power commander, it wouldn't be a bad looking bike.

ps His pet ferret might fit on that pillion/seat/peg arrangement, but even a young child has longer legs than that.

Oh well,,,, different strokes

Taking a more thorough look at the text, I find a couple points to comment on . . . :oldgit:

"When Moto Guzzi created the V11 they had a team of professional designers and a massive budget behind them . . . "

Er, well, no.  One designer drew the V11 Sport in one night ("after the Gambalunghino"), notably unasked-for by Moto Guzzi.

And "massive budget?" At Moto Guzzi? That must be a joke. :grin:

" . . . the bikes weight (something V11’s are notorious for)  . . . " [sic]

Compared to some stripped down sportbike? Maybe. Compared to other "sport-tourers" (whatever that is)? Probably right on the mark. Compared to the vast majority of bikes on the road here in The States? Absolutely svelte.  With my pannier load-out, mySport is out of fuel at about 500 pounds/227kg. No mention of what this custom actually weighs for comparison, but leaving the (relatively heavy, unsprung) factory wheels while possibly using oversize tires (a common "look" for this genre) doesn't really address the "notoriety" reference.

I really do not dislike the fellow's outcome. Just throwing in on the "critique."

The effort to clean up the wiring harness along the exposed spine frame is actually epic and had to be A LOT of work! :luigi:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's some good craftsmanship, and some nice features, and better looking than several custom jobs I've seen. But overall, this just shows how hard it is to improve on the V11's original design. 

As as for critique - all that time and money on aesthetics, but don't upgrade the shock? I don't get it.

• Like 3

Well the bike itself i don’t have a problem with- his bike to do with as he pleases, and i like certain aspects of it.  The write-up however…

Points that got me included:

91 hp- Has anyone actually achieved that figure on here?

“built before the invasion of complex electronic gadgetry“  - ok so it doesn’t have abs or holeshit technology, but still pretty complex… it’s no monza anyway 😀.

No plastic?  Literally all the bodywork, including the mudguards and the damn tank, is plastic.  Which leads me to:

“To further reduce the bikes weight (something V11’s are notorious for) Omar continued the use of aluminium for the remainder of the bodywork”.  Changing these parts to allyminnyum is gonna save no weight at all.  Plus the genuinely heavy components like the wheels, swingarm and bevel drive remain.

“sportsbike handling” … now i love my v11, and i’ll throw her about (a bit), but c’mon.

“more creative design than what the Moto Guzzi factory gave it”  @#!#$# off- Marabese created a triumph of lines and shapes with this bike.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, docc said:

moto-guzzi-caferacer-7.jpg

I just gotta love the location of the passenger pegs . . . er, maybe that's not what they are . . .B)

they’re for scratching massive pick-up trucks whilst lane-splitting/filtering 😀

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

Not my thing but think they coulda left obnoxious looking plate & bracket off for photo shoot, imho.

Art

• 2 months later...