Starter cover silver at Harpers

80CX100

STARTER COVER V11 SPORT SILVER (#01733333)

STARTER COVER V11 SPORT - SILVER. ONE ONLY IN STOCK. NLA.

$82.81

While searching for CF starter covers (hens teeth) I found one grey? one in Germany used on ebay a little under $150 US iirc, but I stumbled across this silver one at Harpers apparently in stock.
I know Curtis has been trying to get his new web site up and running smoothly, so I wouldn't be too confident on it being on the shelf, but if you're the person looking for a silver starter cover, it might be worth your while to give him a call.

fwiw

My experience has been to give Curtis a call and let him rummage around and see what he finds. His latest website change did not solve this.

• Like 1

You're trying to source a carbon fiber starter cover?  

If you're in need of a plain-Jane OEM plastic cover, I took mine off my 2000 V11. The previous owner painted it dark grey. You're welcome to it if it is something you can use. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Purloined said:

You're trying to source a carbon fiber starter cover?  

If you're in need of a plain-Jane OEM plastic cover, I took mine off my 2000 V11. The previous owner painted it dark grey. You're welcome to it if it is something you can use. 

I'll send you a pm, tks very much

1 hour ago, Scud said:

you can always do a carbon fiber wrap - unless, of course, this is about the weight savings... :grin:

No, as I explained to Purloined in my pm, it was to compensate for foolishness,lol.

My Lemans only has 7K kms, so everything is mint on it. When I tuned it, I deviated quite a bit from the original settings but I used the PO's set up with the tank vent  T'd off to the 2 vacuum ports on the throttle bodies, it ran like a top, but it developed such a major "tank suck" issue, I could barely get the tank lid open to refuel, and once I did the tank sucked in so much and released violently, I was very lucky I didn't crack the paint,,, then the bike would hardly run.:doh:

I cured the whole issue by cleaning the tank vent holes & following Docc's recommendation and capped the vacuum ports at the TBs and ran a separate tank vent line under my starter cover,,,, it now runs like a champ,,, no tank suck,,, but with one too many lines under it, the old brittle crappy plastic in the starter cover,, cracked and kept cracking,,,:doh: I took it off to preserve it.

Long term game plan, would be to reinforce whatever starter cover goes back on there with fibreglass/bondo as a backing and spacers and longer bolts to prevent the issue in the future.

It looks like Purloined is coming to my rescue:thumbsup:

• Like 1