Craigslist Greenie

Joe

Wow, near new bike, no miles! Great deal for someone.

Should anyone buy it from the forum, and want to sell the rear rack, please let me know. Thanks!

With so very few images and next to no description, it can be a challenge to critique an offering like this. Yet, who can resist? :oldgit:

Lots to love: original mirrors, fenders, tail/tag light. Original turn signals including the front "width spacers." Those look like original grips!

Very clean original exhaust with MG accessory "For Off Road Use Only" round carbon fiber canisters (probably made by Mistral), complete with the riveted tags!

Correct color matched MG accessory flyscreen by Stucchi Luigi/Mandello.

All four elusive "Eagle badges" appear to be present. The correct, red Champion spark plug caps have the correct, original black band. That the vacuum tap tubing is still present makes me curious if the entire fuel evap system/ charcoal canisters are still in place under the seat. (Along with a bank of original Seimens relays?)

Spark 500 (original) battery?

Along with the rear rack, there are TEKNO pannier racks (an original MG accessory). Any word if the panniers, themselves come with the sale?

• Like 6

Sometimes I miss my Greenie... and that looks to be a fair deal. But with so few miles, I'd assume that every fluid, every filter, and most rubber would need changing. Easy project.

• Like 3

And what looks to be factory rubber as well.  :thumbsup:

I have an example of such a machine and it had less mileage than this one when found and mine runs and function perfectly.

Was not acquired to be a daily however.

A little more info needed to verify for sure............

Ciao

• Like 2

I spoke to the owner a few times, asked him if he could give me the VIN to check on recall. He never knew anything about it and sent it to me. Piaggio said no recall work was on record. Front and rear tires were original and bike wasn't run since 2006. He cleaned injectors and tank, put new battery in and started it up. He said he has had it on the the road and it runs fine. I asked about the tires and he said they're fine, good rubber and he doesnt go fast. I asked whether he changed the oil and he said it has less than 5k on it...wow! I'm  a bit of an oil and tire nut so I was blown away by his answers. Each to his own I guess. The bike was purchased by him at an estate sale. I would have made the run to get it but not without recall being done. Four hour drive. And in spite of it having good rubber and oil, I would have brought the trailer...lol.

• Like 1