Transmission recall service.

activpop

47 minutes ago, docc said:

Someone should be able to clarify the KR/KS difference.

Also, who has a sequence number beginning M211xxx ?

Doc my 2001 V11 Sport has the frame # ZGUKRAKR51M113059

Not sure if it is affected

3 hours ago, Bbennett said:

Doc my 2001 V11 Sport has the frame # ZGUKRAKR51M113059

Not sure if it is affected

It looks like it. The affected range appears to be the last 1399 of the 2000 KR Sport and all of the 2001 KR Sport (1M111111 to 1M114639).

Plus "whatever" the KS models represent (?)

KS = "LongFrame? :huh2:

212-380-4400 Piaggio customer service. They can give you all the info on open or closed service campaigns. They were very helpful for me on in investigating three 2001's. Scott is who I dealt with the most.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Hmmmm... I was never aware there was any power train problem with this ear V11 ... except the Scura clutch... now that I just bought a 2000 Sport this thread crops up. ... I had noticed some escaped sealant at housing..thought that might be bad but now maybe it's good? Vin seams to fall in the range... M112170. I was going to ignore the sealer until I just got a good ride in yesterday. I had glanced at this thread and didn't care until I noticed I was getting a good SNICK" on about half my shifts into 3rd. Is that SNICK! a precursor of evil times ? I will soon have my side cover off for spring replacement (THANK YOU SCUD !) is there any seeable telltale signs of imminent failure ?

4 hours ago, OuijiVeck said:

Hmmmm... I was never aware there was any power train problem with this ear V11 ... except the Scura clutch... now that I just bought a 2000 Sport this thread crops up. ... I had noticed some escaped sealant at housing..thought that might be bad but now maybe it's good? Vin seams to fall in the range... M112170. I was going to ignore the sealer until I just got a good ride in yesterday. I had glanced at this thread and didn't care until I noticed I was getting a good SNICK" on about half my shifts into 3rd. Is that SNICK! a precursor of evil times ? I will soon have my side cover off for spring replacement (THANK YOU SCUD !) is there any seeable telltale signs of imminent failure ?

There is no way of telling if your gearbox has been updated by viewing the components. It was a heat treatment and material issue. There's also the gearbox housing cracking and the recall for conrods as well. Now you're fully informed. Feel better now? :D

Phil 

On 11/24/2022 at 7:29 AM, activpop said:

212-380-4400 Piaggio customer service. They can give you all the info on open or closed service campaigns. They were very helpful for me on in investigating three 2001's. Scott is who I dealt with the most.

So they kept the records of all the VIN's of bikes that had the update completed? Of course then there's the bike with the affected VIN thats had the update done but subsequently been fitted with another gearbox due to a housing crack etc. Or buying a second hand gearbox from the period.

Phil

Thanks ....I think....😛😪 special thanks for the Piaggio link. As I said there is funky looking sealer where they join.... 

I will be calling Piaggio tomorrow. Now to dive into the conrod issue......

6 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Of course then there's the bike with the affected VIN thats had the update done but subsequently been fitted with another gearbox due to a housing crack etc. 

I can only deal with what is in my control. Since that post from over a year ago, I have gotten records on many more bikes. More important to me are the records telling me the recall was not satisfied. I passed on two beautiful V11's because of no recall work performed. One guy said he didn't go fast and the other guy said he didn't care. Allrighty then...

Just called Puaggio /Moto Guzzi USA............WILLIE says my VIN not on recall "uneffected"  hmm...not from my reading on this thread. .. zGUKRAKXXXM112170.  And there's that SNICK! into 3rd...haven't played with 6th. ..I take it they're on the same SHAFT (shut yo mouth!)

24 minutes ago, OuijiVeck said:

Just called Puaggio /Moto Guzzi USA............WILLIE says my VIN not on recall "uneffected"  hmm...not from my reading on this thread. .. zGUKRAKXXXM112170.  And there's that SNICK! into 3rd...haven't played with 6th. ..I take it they're on the same SHAFT (shut yo mouth!)

Seems the issue with contacting Piaggio is they only report on more recent recalls and not all the way back to the V11.  
Shifting into third is decidedly "busy" in the 6speeder. I have often wondered what is different from the other gears. When changing to the Chuck-Scud Superspring, also perform the LuckyPhil Shift Improvement. Some have also reported improved shift action with RedLine Shockproof (I prefer the Lightweight).