Cancelled Paypal

I know we had a discussion about paypal for some tangential reasons.  I'm posting this for real life concerns.

My paypal has been hacked for requests for money.  I've gone through a lot of steps to work it out today over the phone.  I've decided to cancel the entire account.  This after my credit card was hacked earlier in the month and I had to receive a new card.

I don't know what's going on.  I've been sick as hell for three weeks and now snagged with this mess.  I'm not sure if it's all related or not.

With paypal telecon they had me load an app called "anydesk" which I've now deleted after deleting the account.  I have to wonder if there's a hack on the chrome browser?

This isn't so much as rant as a warning to the community to check your financial business. 

18 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I know we had a discussion about paypal for some tangential reasons.  I'm posting this for real life concerns.

My paypal has been hacked for requests for money.  I've gone through a lot of steps to work it out today over the phone.  I've decided to cancel the entire account.  This after my credit card was hacked earlier in the month and I had to receive a new card.

I don't know what's going on.  I've been sick as hell for three weeks and now snagged with this mess.  I'm not sure if it's all related or not.

With paypal telecon they had me load an app called "anydesk" which I've now deleted after deleting the account.  I have to wonder if there's a hack on the chrome browser?

This isn't so much as rant as a warning to the community to check your financial business. 

Similar story here.

There obviously has been a major security breach.

I had cancelled my PP,but due to some algorithm a small subscription fee was automatically withdrawn and paid by them many weeks later.

Almost immediately, I received an obviously phony email from PP notifying re a large Bitcoin transaction. Appeared to be a Phishing attempt? Idk

Tks for the warning and I agree with you, pay attention folks.

• Like 1

@80CX100They asked me about bitcoin when I was on the phone with them today, despite that there was nothing on my account about it.  BTW- I don't consider crypto real money and would never buy any of it.

Last week Fidelity sent my wife a letter regarding her IRA and demanded to know if it was an abandoned account.  That took another hour of our lives to get resolved.  I suppose there are vultures trying to get everything.  We put everything in trust a few years ago.