KR versus KS - please confirm

docc

19 hours ago, gstallons said:

From the comfort of my rat's nest , I found my insurance card !

2001 (black frame) is ZGUKRAKR21M113066

2003 (red frame) is   2GUKRAKR63M115132 

@gstallons, could you confirm the frame colors and the VIN you posted are correct. Seems to me your 2001 is a Short/RedFrame and your 2003 is the lime-tank black/LongFrame Carryover sport?

[also: I split a few posts regarding the "carryover" models to that thread, focusing here, specifically on the KS versus KR meaning.]

Sure thing . The red frame has green body parts , unpainted powertrain , forks , hubs , wheels , etc...... 

The black frame has (originally faded green tank) 3 different tanks , AWFUL black engine coating , black forks , hubs , wheels , etc.....

11 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Sure thing . The red frame has green body parts , unpainted powertrain , forks , hubs , wheels , etc...... 

The black frame has (originally faded green tank) 3 different tanks , AWFUL black engine coating , black forks , hubs , wheels , etc.....

And the RedFrame "Greenie" has tenth VIN as "1" while the "Carryover" Sport with black frame is tenth digit "3?"

4 minutes ago, LaGrasta said:

03V11VINsticker.jpg

Looks to be the 4041st V11 built for model year 2003 (with a KR designation).

On the opposite side of the frame there is a metal tag that is inscribed with your V11's actual month-year build date. You'll have to push wiring etc out of the way to read it. Probably helps if the "bars"/fork is turn to the farthest right lock.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, docc said:

The ECU is a 15M or 15RC, @VeeEleven?

Or is the "KS" V11 the change to the later motor with higher compression and the special connecting rods that spray oil up under the pistons?

On 12/5/2022 at 9:56 PM, docc said:

Or is the "KS" V11 the change to the later motor with higher compression and the special connecting rods that spray oil up under the pistons?

Tell me more, wasn't aware of this.

2 hours ago, Randy said:

Tell me more, wasn't aware of this.

Later V11 motors were produced with slightly higher compression and a modified connecting rod that directs an oil spray to cool the underside of the piston, IIRC.

When this was introduced and whether the KS designation represents this change is yet to be clarified.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...