2.75 clip-on rise

LaGrasta

@Speedfrog Once I discovered so many retailers were sourcing their goods from Ali, I started going direct, saving an amazing amount. More than this though, it's the selection, so many choices!

On 11/30/2022 at 4:19 PM, LaGrasta said:

@stewgnu thank you. I might be interested, can you check shipping for us please, to zip code 92691.

Humm, dunno man, don’t do much posting overseas- but a cursory look suggests maybe twenty quid?  Or what’s that: thirty dollars? i don’t know

Actually twenty quid in these days of inflation is twenty dollars.

Thanks for the reply, however I bought one today, stateside. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

For others interested in clipon to bar conversion, I just discovered this vendor. This seems like an easy, and affordable option. $122.

https://www.officine08.com/p73297_fork-bridge-moto-guzzi-v-11-le-mans-conversion-kit-superbike-lsl-grey.html

My apologies if these were already mentioned elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 5:51 PM, LaGrasta said:

For others interested in clipon to bar conversion, I just discovered this vendor. This seems like an easy, and affordable option. $122.

https://www.officine08.com/p73297_fork-bridge-moto-guzzi-v-11-le-mans-conversion-kit-superbike-lsl-grey.html

My apologies if these were already mentioned elsewhere.

Those look cool. But, as mentioned previously I believe, the stock Guzzi top triple clamp has bosses cast into it where some versions of the V11 are drilled out to mount handlebar clamps. All you have to do is drill out those bosses with holes of the required diameter (for the size bolt) and either mount a set of BillyBob ( V11 Ballabio ) handle bar clamps or most any set of handlebar clamps can work. Just make sure the handlebar clamps are sized to match the chosen handlebar. We used BillyBob handle bar clamps and the BillyBob handle bar, both factory BillyBob parts. But aftermarket bars and / or aftermarket handlebars will work. That said, LSL stuff is nice. I have LSL stuff on my Daytona.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hey, @Tom in Virginia,

Thanks for posting, I like your bar risers, they look like Convertibars.  I presently have DAS Mototec risers on my red '03 Lemans that were installed by the  original owner and I'm a little less than comfortable with them.  Plus, the Mototecs required raising the forks 15-20mm higher into the clamps and it slightly countered the benefit of installing them.  Whereas, the Convertibars mount underneath the top clamp so oem steering geometry can be maintained...imho.   I think I could a lot more comfortable with the Convertibars so I was  happy to see your post.  The Convertibars website has installation instructions for their v11 risers but  their sales page doesn't list them so I guess if I want a pair it might require further inquiry.  I realize hose, cable & wiring mods or replacement might be required but don't see it as a big problem.  Just glad to see those risers on a v11 Lemans before I go further.

Art

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 8:30 AM, guzziart said:

Hey, @Tom in Virginia,

The Convertibars website has installation instructions for their v11 risers but  their sales page doesn't list them so I guess if I want a pair it might require further inquiry. 

That setup was on my'03 when I bought it 11 years ago.  PO had no accompanying paperwork so not sure of manufacturer.  No markings that I have seen either.  I ride with bars all way up to save my back, makes it good for longer distances and like you said doesn't affect the OEM fork length.

• Like 3