Dead Scura

Chuck

G'day 

I had a couple of issues like this early in the piece...

Brad (mechanic) replaced the reg/rec with a Shendengan Mosfet jobbie and earthed it to the frame and no issues in 10 or more years.

Still carry spare fuses but touch wood, haven't needed them! 

No idea what gauge the wire is though.

Cheers 

Ps hope I haven't woken the infamous electrical demon for having dared mention this.... 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, guzzler said:

Whoops, not sure whether it's earthed to the frame or engine block but can check and confirm if anyone needs to know...

Whichever it is it certainly worked though.

Cheers Guzzler

as soon as i earthed the reg to block the electrical issues stopped.

• Like 2

IDK what is on the + side of the battery cable , but I would go with at least the same size cable . Most people discount the - side of the electrical system . Go with the same or larger cable. Make sure you have perfect connections. 

The ground wire from the battery to the transmission bolt is the forum original 'service this ground first' point. Cleaned and sanded and de-ox'd. I then took another wire, same gauge, from that bolt forward to the frame about mid way with the same 'treatment' at connections. From there, same gauge wire forward to the r/r case. Overkill maybe... I do that

• Like 4

On 12/29/2022 at 8:38 PM, docc said:

I'm still keen to hear that a faulty wire in the 5amp Fuse 7 Turn Signal circuit would have blown the 10amp Fuse 4 for the Ignition Switch without there being other subterfuge afoot . . .

On 12/30/2022 at 11:41 AM, Chuck said:

That was another issue entirely. 

So, what kill't the Scura, blowing its Fuse 4?

• Like 1

Mark changed out the ignition switch and harness After I told him that was the first place to look. It quit Blowing the fuse

after that. 

Talking into the phone..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back home again in Indiana.. wrote a song about it.. :grin:  and can type again. For whatever reason, neither my Android tablet nor Kindle Fire would let me post on this site. They call me Rain man out in SoCal. Every time I come out it rains so I can't ride in the mountains because of the rock and mud slides. Sooooo, I called in a "historic" Pineapple Express *and* Bomb cyclone shortly after I took this picture. My job there was done.

20221226_123000.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3