Can't choose between V11 and 2v CARC bike. Help!!

Icenian

25 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

A 2V Sport or Norge is a fine stable mate for a V11…along with a Griso!  They are all different enough to provide a unique riding experience!  Get them!!

Let me run that by my wife...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, pete roper said:

...a nightmare to get ... parts for

Before I got onto the idea of a V11 Le Mans, I was thinking about CARC bikes, maybe.

One of the things that pushed me towards the V11 Le Mans was the clip-ons, a must have during my formative years. Another was the frame mounted half fairing.

One thing that put me off the CARC models a bit was part number six here:

https://wendelmotorraeder.de/kardan-gummis-breva-1100-05-07-ex-30_3006_300611_30061110_3006111013.html

the rubber boot around the bit that sticks up out of the final drive. Those words "nicht lieferbar" mean "not available". I gather the boot can't be had anywhere, even if you offer to sell your granny for it. Someone in another forum described how he botched up a solution, which would probably be possible and stay good for a while. Still, not being able to get a part like that, small but crucial, does make me stop and think. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Before I got onto the idea of a V11 Le Mans, I was thinking about CARC bikes, maybe.

One of the things that pushed me towards the V11 Le Mans was the clip-ons, a must have during my formative years. Another was the frame mounted half fairing.

https://wendelmotorraeder.de/kardan-gummis-breva-1100-05-07-ex-30_3006_300611_30061110_3006111013.html

the rubber boot around the bit that sticks up out of the final drive. Those words "nicht lieferbar" mean "not available". I gather the boot can't be had anywhere, even if you offer to sell your granny for it. Someone in another forum described how he botched up a solution, which would probably be possible and stay good for a while. Still, not being able to get a part like that, small but crucial, does make me stop and think. :unsure:

If you look up the part number for that rubber bellow's, there are sources in the EU who have it available, one well known supplier in the Netherlands has them, and currently advertises it on Flea-bay now.

In all honesty, you will run into those types of parts for which you he to spend extra efforts to find on pretty much any Italian motorcycle, especially Moto Guzzi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docc said:

if we are really and actually crazy

now we're getting somewhere...

I have spoken to people who contend riding a motorcycle is crazy

owning a motorcycle is impractical

what are you going to do with two?

Why and what we ride is fascinating to me and@Icenian is lucky to have narrowed it down as far as he has.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, footgoose said:

. . . . "so it's either motorcycles or strip clubs ?"

uhmm, well, yeah . . .  right? :huh:B):drink:

[for the record: I have two bikes. One wife.]

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

There are a whole load of CARC bits that are going NLA. The double conrod shock linkage has just gone which is a huge pain as it means we're going to have to start rebuilding them and the parts are almost as pricey as the whole unit was!

As for the reactive arm boot? I'm hoping to be getting some made soon.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

...there are sources in the EU who have it available, one well known supplier in the Netherlands has them, and currently advertises it on Flea-bay now.

Do you mean this:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/144834133492?hash=item21b8c97df4:g:fmcAAOSwBP1jhnuc&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoL0XWQwcV%2FNUMFviTyrXoYhGd9w4mZwQj%2FFpdP1qfiSB8YxSSlBjwyUbgK0Isn8OO5GROYSsCLbIjOdA9HEm3zGI%2Bsn64Jbaf7Gh%2B%2BLHvC%2FyqyS4%2BSfXLl%2F8%2FJ7acJ%2Bjl9%2FfN0Z7TgrpkkwqVaMcEBuViTRnPdCD%2FpJBHr1EBUZN%2B3Eq67XEyHfl4OA%2B4HdtWx6iEP2OR3VLcf7BVubsvNE%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4K0l4K2YQ

Good, that they are still available, but that looks like "new old stock", i.e. they will run out one day. :huh2:

1 hour ago, dbarb3 said:

I now have  02 Lemans and had a 1200 Sport for 6 years and 40K miles.  If this makes any sense I feel more "connected" to the V11.

I am curious . . . "Connected" riding it? Or even "connected" just being around it, talking about it? "Connected" working on it?

18 minutes ago, docc said:

I am curious . . . "Connected" riding it? Or even "connected" just being around it, talking about it? "Connected" working on it?

just connected:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A nice day of riding both the V11 and the 2V Norge...perfect weather to ride, nice and cool.  Nice to be able to toggle between the bikes...each a great riding experience.

• Like 2