Nineteenth South'n Spine Raid 2023 Tennessee USA

docc

SSR2023.jpg

THAT is the dude that passed me going up the Cherohala!  :ninja:

Oh, wait . . . that same dude passes me EVERY year going up the Cherohala . . . :blush:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Rm 303 according to Bryan Hallmark, I am trying to get Nicole to ride down this year with me. Pretty sure I snore louder :unsure:

We will be in 301 again, our "usual" for years.

We can run a decibel test this May in Kentucky and compare. :grin:

Bill

Just for reference, here is the layout of rooms at the Lodge at Tellico as they are a bit, er, "non-intuitive" . . .

Facing south, from the entrance, the buildings are numbered back-to-front and right-to left.  The rooms in each building are numbered counterclockwise from the northeast corner, or right/front as you walk up. (Garage is beneath Building 4) . . .

Screen%20Shot%202023-01-21%20at%206.43.2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Goofman just made his reservation, making Building 3 full.

Bryan told him there are four rooms left.

Just over seven months out . . .

8 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

Just saw this on WG; parking passes required for Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

https://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/fees.htm

I remember one SSR we rode through the park. Once, only.

We didn't park. Unless that is how you would describe the pace of the traffic . . . :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Weird, Al ;)@al_roethlisberger,

I'm not sure anyone has ever ridden a V11 across the Appalachian Divide from North Carolina to a South'n Spine Raid.

Or even met us for lunch at the Tapoco Lodge.

The Tapoco is still in North Carolina in case those Tennessee Wants&Warrants might still be in effect . . .  :ph34r::blink:  :huh:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, docc said:

I'm not sure anyone has ever ridden a V11 across the Appalachian Divide from North Carolina to a South'n Spine Raid.

The Tapoco is still in North Carolina in case those Tennessee Wants&Warrants might still be in effect . . .  :ph34r::blink:  :huh:

Yes, both are a loooong ride, with lots of turns... perhaps too many if there is such a thing  ;) (Tail of the Dragon nearby, which based on my years riding in the Santa Cruz Mountain is something I think I'd find tedious after the first 100 turns <_< )

All that kidding and seriousness aside... it would be great fun to meet everyone out on this side of the continent.

But it would indeed be a long ride for me, after not riding in many years, and the space between Sanford (Raleigh) and the mountains is not super interesting.

And of course, the big issue is the bike.  It has sat for many years, so I have to go through the whole thing, then break it back in to satisfy any qualms about its long distance reliability.

But September is a long ways off, so you never know ;)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, docc said:

BTDT numerous times, at several points, including from the Old North State.

Oh, oh.

I wondered how you think I might have gotten to Tellico from here at the top of Virginia without crossing said divide.  :bike:

Then I saw the "V11" bit. My runs on the Ballabio were always north from Atlanta.  Picky, picky.  :rolleyes: 

Bill

• Like 3

On 1/31/2023 at 5:56 AM, Bill Hagan said:

BTDT numerous times, at several points, including from the Old North State.

Oh, oh.

I wondered how you think I might have gotten to Tellico from here at the top of Virginia without crossing said divide.  :bike:

Then I saw the "V11" bit. My runs on the Ballabio were always north from Atlanta.  Picky, picky.  :rolleyes: 

Bill

Yeah, I keep trying to call out a couple inaugural V11Lemans.com members (from 2002) out of North Carolina.

I'm not naming any names but their initials are:

@al_roethlisberger and @Orson  :bier:

• Haha 3

I hear ya... :)

2002, sooo long ago :blink:

I have three other "vehicle" projects that have priority before I get to the Lemans.

1)  1980 Schwinn Suburban rehab ;)

2)  1997 Jaguar XJR rehab, and likely sale.  It's been sitting for all of the pandemic and needs fuel pumps, traction control, and some other work.

3)  2006 Saab 93 Aero Convertible, also getting ready for sale, and sitting for most of the pandemic.  Needs some notable work.

Once those are out of my way, I can start making lists for the Lemans.  It has been sitting for many years, and although I started it occasionally, it hasn't been ridden.  So there are a lot of minor and not-so-minor issues (no rear brake, no clutch, non-working neutral switch, rear shock rebuild, etc), and it of course will need a pretty thorough going-through.

But September is a while away, so we'll see!

As a related aside of making a list; since my neck-of-the-woods is also uber hot in the summer, I may want to pick your brain on how your modified delrin engine temperature sensor (ETS, head temperature sensor) is still holding up, and if you still are happy with it.  I think your last update was in 2014, where you were reporting it was still giving you good results.

I've been trying to remember all of the interesting and even controversial mods over the years, and reacquaint myself with them or even discovering new ones, and then put together a plan of action.

I haven't even begun to really digest the Guzzidiag part yet... 

A lot to catch up on.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

I hear ya... :)

2002, sooo long ago :blink:

I have three other "vehicle" projects that have priority before I get to the Lemans.

1)  1980 Schwinn Suburban rehab ;)

2)  1997 Jaguar XJR rehab, and likely sale.  It's been sitting for all of the pandemic and needs fuel pumps, traction control, and some other work.

3)  2006 Saab 93 Aero Convertible, also getting ready for sale, and sitting for most of the pandemic.  Needs some notable work.

Once those are out of my way, I can start making lists for the Lemans.  It has been sitting for many years, and although I started it occasionally, it hasn't been ridden.  So there are a lot of minor and not-so-minor issues (no rear brake, no clutch, non-working neutral switch, rear shock rebuild, etc), and it of course will need a pretty thorough going-through.

But September is a while away, so we'll see!

As a related aside of making a list; since my neck-of-the-woods is also uber hot in the summer, I may want to pick your brain on how your modified delrin engine temperature sensor (ETS, head temperature sensor) is still holding up, and if you still are happy with it.  I think your last update was in 2014, where you were reporting it was still giving you good results.

I've been trying to remember all of the interesting and even controversial mods over the years, and reacquaint myself with them or even discovering new ones, and then put together a plan of action.

I haven't even begun to really digest the Guzzidiag part yet... 

A lot to catch up on.

I only know one other guy -- and no gals (which may be a clue as to something) -- who owns Saabs and Jags.  Naturally, none of these run.

Just realized that my fruitcake friend is a serious Guzzista, too.  

Then, in the course of throwing these stones, I realized that I am a vintage FIAT and Studebaker aficionado. :wacko:

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 4