Nineteenth South'n Spine Raid 2023 Tennessee USA

docc

On 6/2/2023 at 8:53 PM, docc said:

Perfetto! :drink:

It will be fun to gather at the pavilion and try to recount all the different Guzzis Bill Hagan has ridden to South'n SpineRaids since the first in 2004 . . .

Docc, This is the only pic I got of Bill’s real Italian police uniform he wore to the sKSR. 

Bill, congrats on pulling the trigger on the new V85!

IMG_7264.png

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, audiomick said:

and what maintainance do you have planned in the two weeks before that one? :whistle:

Even four weeks out, I ran out of time for the Kentucky SpineRaid. Got that sorted now.

I will need a new rear tire before the SSR XIX.  And, well, you know . . . that slippery slope that goes with a tire change . . .

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, docc said:

. . . that slippery slope that goes with a tire change  having a closer look at just about anything on the bike . . .

Yes, I'm all too familiar with that syndrome... :whistle:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 8:50 PM, Bill Hagan said:

Thinking that this will be the official debut of my new Guardia d’Onore V85. 

:mg:

Bill

IMG_5306.jpeg

IMG_5307.jpeg

Bill, how do you like the V85tt ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

I mean, it's still no Ballabio, @Bill Hagan . . . :whistle:

Yet . . . I'm havin trouble feelin' sorry for ya.  (Ya had me goin' with the whole Norge thing . . . ;) )

IMG_3592.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 9:25 PM, Joe said:

Joe,

Apologies for this much-delayed response.

Short answer?  LOTS.

Temper that with I've only ridden it 1055 miles, with only one longish -- and VERY wet -- trip to see grandkids in North Carolina..

Riding it to Erie in a week or so, SSR in early September, and Mutton Run after that, and those real miles should tell the tale.

Meanwhile, I'll just say that I have been pleasantly surprised by its performance and comfort.

Bill

i-8tsfXCQ-L.jpg 

• Like 6

That any inaugural South'n SpineRaider would still come lift a glass with us is humbling.

Even if his toast is, "I had a Spine, once! :drink:

:o:whistle::glare:  ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My official Waddington Effect shakedown riding for the XIX/SSR began today after having to re-bleed the rear brake that I didn't get right the first time. Waddington was right, ya know. :nerd:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Lodging update, four weeks out:

Bryan says he has one Basic Room open for our weekend, both Friday and Saturday nights.

Again, there are other places to stay in the vicinity, but their occupancy is probably limited at this point, as well.

Word is, the TechSessions will be "lively" this year . . .

Get There.

Bring Tools.

:sun:

• Like 1

I know we are not the only guests at The Lodge at Tellico, but this is our 14th year staying there and the innkeeper has a special admiration for our "unique-ness."

Not the least of which involves his garage area and our dedicated, passionate, TechSessions.

Did I mention the tools? :luigi:

And the "Get There " part? :race:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, docc said:

I know we are not the only guests at The Lodge at Tellico, but this is our 14th year staying there and the innkeeper has a special admiration for our "unique-ness."

Not the least of which involves his garage area and our dedicated, passionate, TechSessions.

Did I mention the tools? :luigi:

And the "Get There " part? :race:

IMG_5552.jpeg

IMG_5608.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Three weeks out and trying to strike a balance between seat time and using up tires . . . 

:ph34r:    <_<

I am hoping to solve an irritating Garmin battery aggravation to power my four-year-old irritating aggravation of a Garmin 595LM. :bbblll: :angry2:

Guzzi-centric TechSessions will be drawn to, rigorosamente. :luigi:  :nerd:  B)

Yet, this matter of "navigation", perhaps especially SatNav, continues to challenge.

Just a reminder to study the area, learn the roads, plan your routes, and share your methods!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1