Fork question

fotoguzzi

I might like to buy this Sport but one thing puzzles me.

my Lemans had a compression and rebound fork tube, note the R and C on the tops.

Mayberrytrail2IMG_1158-600x400.jpg

the Sport has two R letters, what’s up, it should have one rebound and one compression right?

IMG_6604-600x450.png

32 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

it should have one rebound and one compression right?

Not necessarily. :)

My Le Mans has got adjustable rebound damping in both forks, and no adjustment for compression damping. I gather the earlier models had "R" and "C", but my model only ever had 2 x "R".

• Like 1

Yep, and have a look at how that crankcase oil drain hose can push out on (crack/break) the starter cover. 

All of this has has to be finely groomed, much like a cello is tuned and intoned  . . .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

With all the flywheel discussion I must ask, what FW is in the 2003? Trouble free  Twin plate right?

Yeah, I have the same question!  Also, the forks on my '03 Lemans are 2xR and starter cover bracket is held on with hose clamps.

Art

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

With all the flywheel discussion I must ask, what FW is in the 2003? Trouble free  Twin plate right?

8 hours ago, guzziart said:

Yeah, I have the same question!  Also, the forks on my '03 Lemans are 2xR and starter cover bracket is held on with hose clamps.

Art

Correct, the steel flywheel of the twin plate clutch is a non-issue on all V11 models 1999-2005.

It is the aluminum flywheel of the single plate clutches on the 2001 Rosso Mandello, and 2002 Scura and Tenni.

The question remains unanswered if every one and all of these flywheels are suspect, or only a batch/production run of them. For instance, has a 2001 Rosso Mandello has ever suffered this failure? Or even a Tenni that we know of?

• Like 3