spam email notifications

footgoose

In regards to the forum donation, a heads up in case this might affect you.

I did my donation a few weeks ago,but because I had cancelled my PayPal account and used the same email address for the credit card donation. I thought it went through but PayPal blocked the whole transaction.

I had to use a different email address from the one I had registered with PayPal to get around their block and actually complete transaction.

Just an fyi if you happen to be one of the people that cancelled your PayPal account,something to keep in mind.

fwiw fyi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As for these latest annoying topics/posts/notifications, I believe Jaap has taken action that has solved this. We will know in the next 6-9 hours.

At that point, it will likely be fine to manage your Followed Content, again, as you desire . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, footgoose said:

230 for me

Are you still getting email notifications even after changing your followed content preferences?

Non here, for now. Have changed the follow content.

Cheers Tom.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, docc said:

Are you still getting email notifications even after changing your followed content preferences?

I still have 80 pages of followed Content to go through. The notifications started about 1 AM so they’re trying to avoid you noticing. As long as we’re secure, it’s a minor annoyance. I’ll deal with it on my end eventually. 
When I purge all Tech topics followed, I’ll report back. Thanks Docc 

• Thanks 1

If I am understanding this correctly, there is a good likelihood I am battling with an anonymous network of refrigerators and garage door openers . . .  :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, docc said:

If I am understanding this correctly, there is a good likelihood I am battling with an anonymous network of refrigerators and garage door openers . . .  :wacko:

drunk_terminator_by_paterczm.jpg?token=e

• Like 2
  • Haha 4