Ohlins service recommendation?

al_roethlisberger

12 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

Isn’t that the same Dan Kyle I mentioned in a earlier comment? :bier:

Indeed it is... I had a brain fade there ;)

I remembered late last night because I was searching old email to see who I had purchased the shock from, etc, and found an old email from them.

Well, now we have them in the thread for twice the impact! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 8:17 AM, docc said:

It seems there is still no Andreani fork cartridge for the early V11 40mm Marzocchi forks. Perhaps these talented technicians will know of a Ducati application with those same forks . . .

I have been seeing a lot of Andreani cartridges on EBay for the 40mm and 43mm Marzocchi forks. But the sellers say they confirmed with Andreani that they won’t fit the 2004 V11 Sport which is a bummer because I was hoping they would fit the 43mm forks. 

12 minutes ago, Guzzi-in-Vancouver said:

I have been seeing a lot of Andreani cartridges on EBay for the 40mm and 43mm Marzocchi forks. But the sellers say they confirmed with Andreani that they won’t fit the 2004 V11 Sport which is a bummer because I was hoping they would fit the 43mm forks. 

Interesting. I was thinking Andreani lists their cartridge for the 43mm Marzocchi for the V11, but not the earlier Sports with the 40mm . . .

Plus, don't we have a member here that fitted the Andreani to his later V11?

edit: It appears @knumbnutz fitted Andreani to a V11:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2023 at 5:17 PM, al_roethlisberger said:

David from Andreani USA called, left a message about their services, and also sent me an email with the same information.

That and their president corresponding directly with me a few times is a good sign of the customer service at least :thumbsup:

Their prices are reasonable, and with the good feedback I'm receiving so far here, along with their being somewhat "local", I'll probably give them a try.

Hi Al, 

What's the procedure? Do you just ship them the whole assembly and they send it back? So far every seller I have contacted spoke in turn with Andreani and said it can't be done. But :doh: it just struck me, that the sellers were all in Italy and almost certainly were talking with Andreani in Italiano.

I'm beginning to suspect my issue may be a non-issue if everybody just spoke l'Americano.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Fast Bike Industries (Hendersonville, NC) was acquired by Andreani USA, and just as they were with FBI, you'll download their service form, complete it with what services you would like performed, then ship the entire shock to them.

They of course are happy to discuss the service options and costs with you prior to your shipping the shock to them.

Fast Bike Industries

Andreani USA | Hendersonville NC | Facebook

https://www.cyclenews.com/2023/01/article/andreani-opens-u-s-distribution-arm/

I haven't actually shipped the shock to them yet, but they were very good with communicating quickly and very friendly. 

BTW, noting some other related comments by V11 owners with the OEM Marzocchi forks looking for performance and comfort upgrades, and wondering if Andreani may make parts or a service available for those forks; I've reached out to them to ask if that is something they currently make available or might consider looking into.

I'll let everyone know in a dedicated thread if they respond affirmatively.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2023 at 4:49 AM, docc said:

Interesting. I was thinking Andreani lists their cartridge for the 43mm Marzocchi for the V11, but not the earlier Sports with the 40mm . . .

Plus, don't we have a member here that fitted the Andreani to his later V11?

edit: It appears @knumbnutz fitted Andreani to a V11:

I still have my old V11 cartridges, happy to measure them any way thats needed against the other pair to see if there are any differences or what the differences are.

I would expect that there is either no difference or a minor one that can be changed, ignored or adapted etc.

If someone has the other set, we can compare the gizzards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1