new Guzzi-girl

Guest Maria Delavega

Guest Maria Delavega

Hello everybody, my name is Caroline and i'm from Belgium. I was looking for Guzzi-sites because i want to by a V11 Scura and want to know more about this bike (tuning, accessoires). So i found this site.

Now i ride with an Aprilia Falco, but she's for sale, because every time my friend and me ride together i want to ride his bike (a Daytona RS :wub: ), so i discided to buy a Guzzi also :mg: .

Is it correct that there exists a kit to change a v11 into a MGS and give the bike more power (with a chip, around 150 pk)?

Many greetings to all of you :bier:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it correct that there exists a kit to change a v11 into a MGS

Welcome to the forum!

I have never heard of such a kit (150 hp seems a bit much for a aircooled 2-cylinder drive-shaft streetbike)

But if you want to upgrade your Scura, aftermarket pipes and crossover, different filter and remapoing the ECU will do a lot performance wise.

I would advise to ride it stock for a while and if performance isn't enough do an upgrade... Lots of info on this forum!

Guest Maria Delavega

I think you're right, that's a little bit too much for a good-vibration-easy-riders bike :bike: . But it's still possible: Dynotec. I was wrong, it was not a kit, but they transform the bike into a 1300.

I did read somewhere on the internet that they will bring out a kit that will transform the v11 in a look-a-like MGS but I don't find the link back.

Can someone help me with this please?

I think if there is a kit or even a plan to produce a kit to transform the V11 into a MGS someone on this forum would have known. I also visit the german V11 forum, but no-one mentioned it there either. I would have remembered, because I would want one too!

@all: If you have information on this let us know!!!

A kit to make the V11 Sport look like an MGS? An interesting notion. It would have to be a pretty expensive kit. Tail fairing, tank, fairing and complete exhaust system for starters. And that would be just cosmetic. Full route would be a different swingarm other bits of great expense. I couldn't find any web presence of such a kit using webcrawler. I did find some interesting stuff at http://www.azsbk.com/guzzi-shop-parts.html and some adaptors for lifts at http://www.dunwelllifts.com/Pricing_Accessories.html.

Guest Maria Delavega
The kit would come with a 4-valve engine too?

My guess: rumours

Boh, rumours, i don't know, they can transform a v11 into a Ghezzi, why not a v11 into an MGS? Maybe that'll be very expensive, we'll see...

Maria, welcome aboard! If you can get to a Guzzi meet, with or without a Guzzi (ride your Falco)...you'll have a great time, meet some really fine folks and get to ask alot of questions (we like to talk about Guzzis). The last "Guzzi meet" I rode out to had four Guzzi's, three Harleys, a Gold Wing, two big Yamahas, two Hondas, a new BMW and a partridge in a pear tree :blink: (sorry, I like Christmas). Keep smiling. k

Guest Maria Delavega
Maria, welcome aboard! If you can get to a Guzzi meet, with or without a Guzzi (ride your Falco)...you'll have a great time, meet some really fine folks and get to ask alot of questions (we like to talk about Guzzis). The last "Guzzi meet" I rode out to had four Guzzi's, three Harleys, a Gold Wing, two big Yamahas, two Hondas, a new BMW and a partridge in a pear tree :blink: (sorry, I like Christmas). Keep smiling. k

Thx captain ;) , we will certainly do that. The most of you are from Amerika, is this right? Do you come to Europe also?

<!--QuoteBegin-Maria Delavega+18 June 2004, 01:19-->

QUOTE (Maria Delavega @ 18 June 2004, 01:19)
<!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Admin Jaap+18 June 2004, 07:55-->
QUOTE (Admin Jaap @ 18 June 2004, 07:55)
<!--QuoteEBegin--> The kit would come with a 4-valve engine too?

My guess: rumours <!--QuoteEnd-->

<!--QuoteEEnd-->

Boh, rumours, i don't know, they can transform a v11 into a Ghezzi, why not a v11 into an MGS? Maybe that'll be very expensive, we'll see... <!--QuoteEnd-->

<!--QuoteEEnd-->

Welcome :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, unless someone surprises us, I think the answer to your question is a "no" :unsure:

As Carl suggests, there may be a cosmetic kit someday to dress a V11 to look "somewhat" like a MGS, but the bikes are so fundamentally different in frame design, bodywork, engine, and dimensions... that one couldn't easily make a true transformation.

To say that "[G&B] can transform a v11 into a Ghezzi, why not a v11 into an MGS? " is somewhat misleading, as it's important to realize that although the G&B is a higher performance version of the V11, it is still fundamentally the same bike, and is limited to the ~90hp that is the normal maximum one can reliably get out of the 2V engines. And to extend that premise that a V11 should then be able to be transformed into an MGS clone, is more of a reach. Heck, you'd at least need to find a 4V engine :P (Although, to be fair, with some work, some have fitted a 4V engine to V11 bikes :luigi: ).

Anyway, it may be "possible" but it would be very expensive to get a kit that really looked well executed IMHO.

WRT the engine output, it is true that there are kits to increase the displacement of the 2V engines up to about 1200cc(maybe 1300 as you suggest??) but with all more extreme performance upgrades, there is a reliability tradeoff. There isn't a lot of material left in the MG cylinders to remove much material before one risks issues with thermal dissipation, and physical strength. So if one reduces that strength, while increasing power.. well, the long term results may be disappointing.

But regardless, I've never seen 100+ hp out of a 2V engine. It may be possible, and someone may have done it, but I've never seen it in a street bike that I would expect to have any longevity.

However, it is quite simply to get 80-90rwhp reliably out of the 2V engine.

And finally, keep in mind the "rideability" aspect. A 100+hp V11 might not be that friendly of a bike depending how you've wrung that power out. The bike just wasn't designed for that much output. And also, 80-90rwhp is quite adequate on the street. Sure, more modern bikes with much less displacment and weight certainly exist(and frankly are quite common), but in the real world, the torque and power delivered from the Guzzi are very useable, and adequate.... which it sounds like you've discovered with your friend's Daytona ^_^ Because unless he's vastly modified his bike, it probably puts out just a bit more power than a V11 ;)

Riding a Guzzi is more of an "experience" than satisfying a top-speed or HP desire, and if the latter is what one is chasing... then it will be disappointing.

If you simply want some more "racey" looks, there are all sorts of bodywork options like Paul's tail to get you there :thumbsup:

But I don't expect to see a conversion kit to make a V11 into an MGS. Heck, if anything, I'd just get a Sport1100 or Daytona, and make it look sorta like an MGS... that would be easier. ...something like Paul has done with his.

I would suggest getting a test ride on a Scura(or other V11 model) and see what you think. And if you buy one, ride it a while as stock, then upgrade if you find you need to. I bet you'll find you may "want to" upgrade, but don't "have to" :D

Take care, and again... welcome to the forum :bike:

Let us know what you find, and when/if you buy your Scura!!

al