new Guzzi-girl

Guest Maria Delavega

The most of you are from Amerika, is this right? Do you come to Europe also?

Maria, don't know the actual headcount, but it appears that many in forum are in the U.S. My last job took me to Brussels on several occasions, but my current position keeps me in-country. But you never know about tomorrow, eh?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maria Delavega

Hey, Al Roethli.... :unsure: , (excuse me for my Englisch) yip, you're completely right! The reason that Guzzi is reliable, the motor isn't pusched like some other bikes. And transformating into an MGS: with that monney i could nearly buy the real one.

The reason why i would transform the v11is that i did ride with a LeMans and i was disapointed. Too slow and almost no sensations, than i prefer my Falco.

But riding the Daytona RS is like heaven on earth!

I would transform the v11 in a younger Daytona: a lookAlike MGS, with 100-110hp. So i would have a better bike than my friend B) .

But now i realize that i was dreaming and that it isn't possible, snif :( .

Guest Maria Delavega
:o My God :blink: , sex on wheels :P: . It really looks like a Ghezzi Brian, very expensive transformation i presume.

:o My God :blink: , sex on wheels :P: . It really looks like a Ghezzi Brian, very expensive transformation i presume.

....it started life as a Ghezzi Brian, but was their first and only 4V prototype(as far as I know).

Zeb is apparently buddies with those guys, and he picked it up from them and continued to modify it to his tastes ^_^

BTW, I'm surprised the V11 felt *that* much different to you than the Daytona :huh2: ...other than ergos.

al

Guest Maria Delavega

After i compared the technical data i noticed that there was not much difference between the v11 and the Daytona. But the v11 is a 2 valve and the Daytona a 4valve, maybe that's the difference?

You need to buy a Daytona RS or if one isn't available, turn a Centauro into a Daytona RS. It has been done before. The similarities of the V11 Sports and the Sport 1100's abound, but there are very few identical pieces and that would hold true for the Daytonas as well. They really aren't the same bike so I'm not surprised that they felt so different to you.

http://daytonasite.free.fr/english/daytona_website.htm

I think I found the bike picturesand specs that Maria was looking at.

http://www.dynotec.de/index.html lists a whole slew of different mods for Various different Guzzi's. Luckily I used to live in Germany and although not fluent any longer, i can still make sense of the webpage :)

Dynotec is highlighting a kit that delivers 97-100 hp (PS) for a 2valve V11. From looking at their comparison data to the stock bike, i'd say that they're taking this data at the crank (there's no way a stock V11 can put 92 ponies to the ground straight from the factory :) )

The bike that Maria might have seen is the Dynotec Guzzila V13 which theyre rating between 143 and 147 hp. again it's not clear if this is rated at the crank or the rear wheel , but either which way the power would be plenty for most of us :)

So here's the one bit i'm rusty in my vocbaulary in, It looks like they took a 4 valve engine to bore out. That would make sense as it's mated to a 5 speed gearbox.

So it's a hot looking bike but not based on a V11 Sport.

4 valve engines can be bored to 100mm (no push rod tubes). 2 valve engines can (safely) be bored to 95mm, 97 if you don't intend it to last long and certainly not for the street. The 4 valve heads are a special alloy (which is why the Daytona's were so late getting to market originally). The heads on the 2 valve cannot really dissipate the heat from about more than 100hp. Either engine can be stroked to 82mm, so I'll let you do your own math. Power and reliability do not usually go hand in hand, so you need to keep that in mind when modifying any engine and more so if this is the only bike you have and you want to ride it frequently without a lot of maintenance fuss.

Should you ever find the opportunity to remove the front engine cover on your big block, the casting has a spot for a cam driven pump. Probably intended for a water cooled engine that never made it to production.

It's definitely a hot looking bike...I can see why it stirred her. :P: k

Guest Maria Delavega

Yip, indeed, i saw this bike on the Dynotec-site, Gudzilla the beasty-bike :thumbsup: .

But she's not really my favourite.

For this bike i would rob a bank :ninja:

post-14-1088016824_thumb.jpg

Guest bshpilot

good GOD that thing must come w/ super glue to keep the riders

eye balls in their sockets when using those DUEL front brakes !!!!

Guest Maria Delavega

Yip, i think it's a good bike for a distracted girl like me :rolleyes: .

The reason why i don't buy a Daytona is because i have back-pain and the riding position is more straight on a v11.

:grin: Whoa Nellie!...DEEFinitely better. When you get it, post pictures! :thumbsup: k

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cliffy
:) welcome maria !!,you and youre good man must come to the isle of man t.t. ,next year (assuming you have not allready!). I have a v11 sport and my wife has a suzuki 1200 bandit sidecar outfit so the rugrats can join in!!.Quite a good turn out of guzzis this year and a dammed good atmosphere ,any excuse for a party!! :bier: .I hope you do get a guzzi im sure you wont be dissapointed :helmet: ciao cliffy!! :bier: