new Guzzi-girl

Guest Maria Delavega

just tought I would pass on this info...

I just purchased a Scura with 5000 mi on it. While shopping, I found one at http://www.epfguzzi.com/ which had 2000mi on it, asking $9500 and I found another one which had 4 miles on it, asking $10300 at http://www.unioncyclenc.com/Guzzi.asp

All 3 had time left on the warranty, especially the one with 4 mi. on it.

Also, I am shipping the one I bought from San Antonio, TX to St. Augustine, FL with JC Motors .. http://www.jcmotors.com/contactusshipping.html .. and it cost me around $640 (admittedly, I didn't shop around and fuel charges have risen sharply).

Good luck with your search, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did mine.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 valve engines can be bored to 100mm (no push rod tubes). 2 valve engines can (safely) be bored to 95mm, 97 if you don't intend it to last long and certainly not for the street. The 4 valve heads are a special alloy (which is why the Daytona's were so late getting to market originally). The heads on the 2 valve cannot really dissipate the heat from about more than 100hp. Either engine can be stroked to 82mm, so I'll let you do your own math. Power and reliability do not usually go hand in hand, so you need to keep that in mind when modifying any engine and more so if this is the only bike you have and you want to ride it frequently without a lot of maintenance fuss.

Should you ever find the opportunity to remove the front engine cover on your big block, the casting has a spot for a cam driven pump. Probably intended for a water cooled engine that never made it to production.

Should you ever find the opportunity to remove the front engine cover on your big block, the casting has a spot for a cam driven pump. Probably intended for a water cooled engine that never made it to production.

Carl, the front cover is from the convert, that had an oil pump there.

Carl, the front cover is from the convert, that had an oil pump there.

Ah ha! So if that is/was a spot for an oil pump - and BMW can build an oil-cooled cylinder head...

There is no reason that that location couldn't be plumbed for a water pump though. Makes you kind of wonder.

• 1 year later...
I did read somewhere on the internet that they will bring out a kit that will transform the v11 in a look-a-like MGS but I don't find the link back.

Can someone help me with this please?

It may was about this person here that has converted ,on his own made costumes, a Centauro to MGS looking bike

Ghezzi Brian?

Bingo!! :thumbsup:

Well NO MGS conversion kit is ever released from Ghezzi-Brian of course ,but, however ,In my latest visit to his "workshop" Brian was positive on the idea to fit the original costums of the MGS1 to my sporti (with some required mods 'specialy on the end frame-can take some time though :unsure: )I think is very possible that the same can be done in a V11, that's only about the costumes ,pipes and other stuff is another story,I never examined.

• 3 weeks later...
A kit to make the V11 Sport look like an MGS? An interesting notion. It would have to be a pretty expensive kit.

27522[/snapback]

Rather late response, but hey, I've been busy riding!

My Scura and MGS side by side Scura_to_MGS01___2.jpgScura_to_MGS01___1.jpg - morphing from Scura to MGS would be hideously expensive - probably cheaper to buy one of each and enjoy the savings!

how's that MGS been treating you? hows the ride? inquiring minds want to know? does it do wheelies? is it comfortable at all? how much more grunt over your scura do you get, not just number say seat of the pants it feels 50% stronger or what not. Thought of taking it to races?

KIT? I don't want a kit nothing I want a MGS corsa damn it :angry: I really would lust after that one above all others the MGS-o1 is so awesome but so expensive and would be so hard for me to make it street legal I think I'd need one mirror and lights to be able to tool down the road legally in this state. But if I added a LED light kit all around that ran off a rechargable battery with a small control unit attached to the bars? hmmm come'on lottery ticket. :food:

how's that MGS been treating you? hows the ride? inquiring minds want to know? does it do wheelies? is it comfortable at all? how much more grunt over your scura do you get, not just number say seat of the pants it feels 50% stronger or what not. Thought of taking it to races?

71925[/snapback]

Now she's OK, but she spent several weeks in the dealers (throughout the summer!!!) waiting for replacement heads, barrels and cylinders. The original ones were badly machined and leaked from the head gasket - thank goodness it was under warranty!

But now she's just superb. Not a comfortable ride at low speeds or in traffic - jerky and grumbly - guess the low flywheel weight and very high compression combine to cause that. But the seat and ride position is surprisingly comfortable - did 170 miles on fast roads without the slightest discomfort.

Compared with the Scura (which has the Guzzi race chip and cans fitted), the Corsa is noticeably faster on acceleration - difficult to give a percentage comparison, but it's very, very noticeable :D

Handling is superb - postitive, swift steering and steady as a rock on bends - seems to know it's own line and requires minimum help from me! The Scura is similarly solid, although softer on the rear suspension than the Corsa.

Which is the better? Not possible to compare - I love them both and would ride them both at the same time if I could. The Scura has a slight edge in that she can take soft luggage, and I don't have to get home before lights are required. But for all-out ball-rattling beast riding, Corsa wins without a doubt.

I've bought a van which will hold both the Corsa and the Scura, and leave room for me to sleep alongside them, so the intention is to take both bikes to a few track days during the Spring and Summer, and possibly attend a few shows. Also getting the van fitted with essential tools on fold-away racks, so fettling can be carried ot whilst 'on tour'.

Just been dumped by the girlfriend, and feeling low - would have gone for a good long ride today, but the snow put me off a bit - I know, I'm a wuss, but I've had my ration of spills over the past 3 years, and bones get more brittle as the years pass.

Nothing else for it but to find that corkscrew... :bier: