new Guzzi-girl

Guest Maria Delavega

Just been dumped by the girlfriend, and feeling low - would have gone for a good long ride today, but the snow put me off a bit - I know, I'm a wuss, but I've had my ration of spills over the past 3 years, and bones get more brittle as the years pass.

Nothing else for it but to find that corkscrew... :bier:

72075[/snapback]

Well, that sux. Sorry for you. Just remember: motorcycles will get you thru times of no women better than women get you thru times of no bikes...

:thumbsup:

Ride on!

:bike:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared with the Scura (which has the Guzzi race chip and cans fitted), the Corsa is noticeably faster on acceleration - difficult to give a percentage comparison, but it's very, very noticeable  :D

Just been dumped by the girlfriend, and feeling low - would have gone for a good long ride today, but the snow put me off a bit - I know, I'm a wuss, but I've had my ration of spills over the past 3 years, and bones get more brittle as the years pass.

Nothing else for it but to find that corkscrew... :bier:

The last time I saw an MGS1 dyno graph was 125WHP , acceleration has to have a difference.

Anyway having 2 Great Guzzis is always a treat since I would have a serious proble to chose which one to ride. Sound funny but that's one of the most basic reasons I got one.At the other point I perhaps don;t need another (at the moment).

Quit all stuff that can bring you down by setting new targets and enjoy what you got.Been through all these or even worse but at the momment just prepare for a good new year time.

I always liked new years eve with all this sampagne and lights and being with people of mutual appretiation , or even alone haveing a good look on achievments so far and going for more. :bier::bier:

Lost the arrangement to meet last Sept. but gladlly can do it another time :drink:

Well, that sux. Sorry for you. Just remember: motorcycles will get you thru times of no women better than women get you thru times of no bikes...

Ride on!

:bike:

72086[/snapback]

Cheers Skeeve - a very appropriate phrase, and one which I shall enjoy repeating - thanks fella

The last time I saw an MGS1 dyno graph was 125WHP , acceleration has to have a difference.

72088[/snapback]

Thanks Alex - yes - the Corsa is very brisk on acceleration - have to keep my mouth closed or I inflate!!! :D

It would be good to meet up - any ideas what events might be taking place in the next coupla months that would be worth travelling to - I'd have to ride the Scura unless I limited myself to daytime riding!

Shame we can't just hop on a ferry to the USA - wide open spaces and lots of fun.

It would be good to meet up - any ideas what events might be taking place in the next coupla months that would be worth travelling to .

72111[/snapback]

Nogbad is looking at arranging a track day with tuition at Cadwell Park in May if you fancy stretching the legs of your MGS01.

Guy :helmet:

Thanks Alex - yes - the Corsa is very brisk on acceleration - have to keep my mouth closed or I inflate!!!  :D

It would be good to meet up - any ideas what events might be taking place in the next coupla months that would be worth travelling to - I'd have to ride the Scura unless I limited myself to daytime riding!

Shame we can't just hop on a ferry to the USA - wide open spaces and lots of fun.

Hehe :lol: Well anything I'll do it'd be after a 4-5month period where weather gets a bit better here over Europe and man can move around.

Perhaps you should visit Daes Mototec

and put a frond light in your Racer, he has done it already AFAIK he sold 4 of them or so (if I recall correct) . When I visited his shop I even got a chance to see it live

I never mind about meetings,I see all those people looking with envy at my beauty :P

Heh I just have also to mess around with my bike and ordered one of theseand this (and some other :lol: ) It seems that every time I put my hand into this bike it works better.I guess "she" doesn't like others' hands on her (and "she" showed me this) so I'll be doing it with the right tackle.

Drop a mail and exchange some pics sometime. :bier:

72111[/snapback]

You can- David Grist at HC travel will ship or fly your bike over there, arrange insurance and all you have to do is collect it from the docks and ride.

Guy :helmet:

Better to be dumped by your girlfriend than to be dumped by your MGS!!

72083[/snapback]

Yeah no joke there, I'm sure at a point very soon the only parts youre gonna be able to find are the ones you make yourself. :huh2: Also you should get one of these Russian Army Knives they are the schwizz. :thumbsup:

You can- David Grist at HC travel will ship or fly your bike over there, arrange insurance and all you have to do is collect it from the docks and ride.

Guy  :helmet:

72145[/snapback]

Yeah but the East and west coast aren't very wide open if you want to ride for 7 days straight and have it seem like you haven't even moved I suggest Iowa or Nebraska area. Otherwise Norcal Oregon Washington are wonderful upstate NY Penn Maine is some sweet riding I hear. MN has one HELL of a sweet ride part way around lake Superior I need to attempt. just the winter here is just that hell. Nice today tho about 1C

I've bought a van which will hold both the Corsa and the Scura, and leave room for me to sleep alongside them, so . . .

72075[/snapback]

Sounds like the quintessential guy's dream home :drink: !

Cheers Skeeve - a very appropriate phrase, and one which I shall enjoy repeating - thanks fella

72109[/snapback]

Hey, you're welcome, but I've got to fess up: I stole it shamelessly (& then twisted it to my own ends in an effort to make you feel better) from the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. Substitute drugs & money for bikes & women in the appropriate places & you'll get back to the original 70's drug culture aphorism... :grin:

:rasta:

Nonetheless, its very true, from my own experience.

Hope your weather is dry enough for riding right now! Best of the holidays for you, & hoping you'll have a magnificent New Year!