Rossa Corsa?

swooshdave

There’s a RC for sale locally. Says it’s one of 50. I have a feeling that’s more Italian counting, like the horsepower rating. Doesn’t have red valve covers. My friend is interested in it.

Should it have Lemans side panels?

“A really beautiful Moto Guzzi Rosso in superb condition with no operational issues! Only 8,600 miles, recent battery and tires. Only defect is sligh bubbling of the right side decal, an unfortunate byproduct of ethanol gas and very sloppy fill ups! Generally not noticeable and no one has ever mentioned it to me at rallies and events.

Only 50 were imported to the USA, and this one is owned by the former president of Moto Guzzi North America!

Why spend $20K on a bike everyone will forget in two years and will halve it's value when you could own an are very rare and classic Guzzi!”

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, swooshdave said:

There’s a RC for sale locally. Says it’s one of 50. I have a feeling that’s more Italian counting, like the horsepower rating. Doesn’t have red valve covers. My friend is interested in it.

Should it have Lemans side panels?

“A really beautiful Moto Guzzi Rosso in superb condition with no operational issues! Only 8,600 miles, recent battery and tires. Only defect is sligh bubbling of the right side decal, an unfortunate byproduct of ethanol gas and very sloppy fill ups! Generally not noticeable and no one has ever mentioned it to me at rallies and events.

Only 50 were imported to the USA, and this one is owned by the former president of Moto Guzzi North America!

Why spend $20K on a bike everyone will forget in two years and will halve it's value when you could own an are very rare and classic Guzzi!”

This is an old ad but it appears to be an original complete example to compare.

https://raresportbikesforsale.com/red-head-2003-moto-guzzi-v11-le-mans-rosso-corsa/

3 minutes ago, KINDOY2 said:

Everything on it looks correct other than the valve cover color, some guys did not like the original red  and changed them....that is a great exhaust system and ecu from that period as well the front header crossover is original.  I had a beautiful one which I bought from one of the founding members of this forum and which now belongs to another member of this forum...awesome motorcycles that WILL hold their value.

That is not the titanium exhaust, correct? Or is it?

50 is the correct number....That is a steal on that bike with that milage imo.

If he wants it he better make a deal NOW, like fast as I see it being talked about and the ad reposted on 3 other forums..including AF1

It won't last long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, KINDOY2 said:

50 is the correct number....That is a steal on that bike with that milage imo.

If he wants it he better make a deal NOW, like fast as I see it being talked about and the ad reposted on 3 other forums..including AF1

It won't last long.

He hasn’t gotten a response yet. Hopefully being local will be an advantage. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, swooshdave said:

He hasn’t gotten a response yet. Hopefully being local will be an advantage. 

Got the cash, got the proximity, just no nod of approval from my wife. Good luck with it, hope he has some wigggle room. 

• Like 1

That looks the real deal Swoosh. The orig valve covers were that "other" red, the Rosso Mandello red, and it tended to fade. PO probably didn't like it. I have a 'parted' RC and it had LM labeled side covers. The bubbles under the decal are from the inside and are common. good luck to friend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like he’s second in line. Just have to hope it falls through.

I’ve also got a line on a Scura and Coppa Italia if this doesn’t work. Personally I’d want the Scura.

But I don’t want another bike because a) a Greenie is actually the ultimate V11 Sport and b) I don’t have room for another bike.

:blink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2