Rossa Corsa?

swooshdave

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellow V11 MG fans. That would be me that bought this Rosso Corsa recently. I've been looking for a Rosso for a long long time. It was so exciting to ride it home. It is a really special bike with absolutely no flaws except the bubbling decal on the left side. 

It did come with the red valve covers as well. As was guessed, the previous owner liked the look of the dark gray covers and swapped those onto it.

Now I have a 2002 red/silver Lemans that will need sold. My 2002 has the full Hepco Becker luggage setup including tail trunk, power commander, Leo Vinci carbon fiber exhaust and runs awesome. I'll list it here when it gets a bit warmer.

Dave

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dgpmerc said:

Hey fellow V11 MG fans. That would be me that bought this Rosso Corsa recently. I've been looking for a Rosso for a long long time. It was so exciting to ride it home. It is a really special bike with absolutely no flaws except the bubbling decal on the left side. 

It did come with the red valve covers as well. As was guessed, the previous owner liked the look of the dark gray covers and swapped those onto it.

Now I have a 2002 red/silver Lemans that will need sold. My 2002 has the full Hepco Becker luggage setup including tail trunk, power commander, Leo Vinci carbon fiber exhaust and runs awesome. I'll list it here when it gets a bit warmer.

Dave

And to find one so close to home...how good is that?

1 hour ago, dgpmerc said:

Dave

Welcome Dave!  :bier:

You'll find the forum here to be an invaluable resource and entertaining as well ^_^

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 9:29 PM, guzzler said:

I also think it looks better without the red valve covers!

Much better in black!

Good looking bike

Cheers 

Yeah, over time the original dark valve covers have grown on me after I went to the trouble of powder coating a set red for mine all those years ago :rolleyes:  ...I go back and forth in opinion.

The champagne bikes like mine really benefit from their factory appearance of everything being black from the beltline down.  But once shiny things like Ohlins, polished rims (an accident on my part required that), and the aforementioned shiny red bits get added, one loses that low-slug effect of the all-black bottom half of the bike.  Some things I can't easily return to black like the suspension or wheels, and that's OK, but I'm thinking that putting the dark gray covers back on may help "shorten" the appearance of the bike a bit.  

So as I refresh my bike, I'm considering putting the dark covers back on, at least for a while.  The good news of course is that is an easy "fashion mod" to play with ;) We'll see.

In Italy, when a lady goes out with a red mini-skirt, a red clutch handbag, she will wear red stilettos too.... not grey ones...

I urge all who like grey to go to Italy pronto!!!!

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, al_roethlisberger said:

Yeah, over time the original dark valve covers have grown on me after I went to the trouble of powder coating a set red for mine all those years ago :rolleyes:  ...I go back and forth in opinion.

The champagne bikes like mine really benefit from their factory appearance of everything being black from the beltline down.  But once shiny things like Ohlins, polished rims (an accident on my part required that), and the aforementioned shiny red bits get added, one loses that low-slug effect of the all-black bottom half of the bike.  Some things I can't easily return to black like the suspension or wheels, and that's OK, but I'm thinking that putting the dark gray covers back on may help "shorten" the appearance of the bike a bit.  

So as I refresh my bike, I'm considering putting the dark covers back on, at least for a while.  The good news of course is that is an easy "fashion mod" to play with ;) We'll see.

Al_ 

Can you post a pic of your bike for the "newbies" of the site?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've been lurking on this site for years and finally decided I should start posting. When I saw the craigslist ad for this Rosso only 35 miles from home I knew I needed to jump on it really fast. I called the owner the day it was posted, went to his house the next morning and put down a deposit and didn't even think about trying to quibble over the price. He had multiple people calling him when I was looking at the bike so I knew I had to make a deal really quick.

My 2002 Lemans runs and rides really well but this new one is just a little bit better in all categories. The ti exhaust sounds amazing, the tune is spot on, has a bit less vibration and lots of eye appeal around the dash especially with the rizoma reservoirs, black faced dials, and Ohlins forks.

With having purchased a 2008 BMW R1200RT recently, the BMW will now be my long distance tourer, and the Rosso Corsa will be the "special rides" bike from now on. 

I'm going to start to investigate what it will take to bring the tank paint back to 100%. Is there a source for the decals MG used on the Rosso Corsa?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, al_roethlisberger said:

NLA = No Longer Available

I have also seen this designation as "N/A" = Not Available

And, for V11 purposes: GHoSoV11LM  B)

"Get Hold of Someone on V11 LeMans(.com)"  :grin:  :luigi:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3