Unkown Pin/spacer Identification.

NicoNZ

Greetings!

I pulled the headlight out to change the bulb and had this pin/bush/spacer fall to the floor. It's about 25mm long and around 6mm diameter, Haven't measured just a guess to give an approximate size.

Checked the parts fiche but don't have one for the Cafe sport headlight/fairing assembly. I couldn't see anything resembling this. 

Anyu ideas what this is for and its location?

Thanks!

pin.jpg

2 minutes ago, pete roper said:

I'd hazard a guess it's the spacer for the rim retention screw. It goes over the screw inside the rim so when the screw is tightened down it doesn't deform the rim.

You know, now you say that it is so obvious! Mind blank! Now I just have to find the fastening clip that the screw tightens into that rattled under the work bench somewhere.

It has an aluminum piece screwed into the headlight to hold the clip as the plastic piece fell apart. It doesn't hold the clip as well as it should.

Thanks for the good guess Pete. 

• Like 1

Two or three years back after I’d just installed a cyclops led bulb - I noticed a screw ‘thingy’ on the floor

As a precaution I took it all apart & tried to figure out where it might’ve dropped from

Worked out eventually it was from the side for setting the up/down tilt angle on the headlight… glad I didn’t succumb to the temptation to just kick it across the floor

• Like 3

On 2/26/2023 at 2:56 AM, p6x said:

Could it be a bushing used as the axle around which you can pivot the headlight up and down? you should have one on the other side too?

All back together with this bush used on the retention screw for the headlight lens. The screws that are either side of the headlight which are used to pivot the headlight when loose are around 10mm diameter so a lot larger bush but I don't think it uses bushes.