Norge Riding Two Up

Joe

Does a Norge make for good two up riding? Also is there enough rear seat leg room for a taller rider? Nicole/wife has 34 inseam, worried she would have enough room to foot pegs. Are there lowering rear foot peg kits? 

Many years riding 2 up on my Norge...but my wife is not as long legged, more like 30 inch inseam I think...34 inches may be a bit cramped for a long trip...but for a few hours, certainly not a problem.  Definitely look to get a good seat as the stocker is painful for both rider and passenger.  I have a Corbin with a backrest so it provided some good support...handles on the side are great for holding on.  I've never thought about lowering the rear pegs, but possibly a Knight Design 1 or 2 inch drop might fit as well like they do on the fronts.  Many of us have upgraded the front pegs to Goldwing 1800 pegs for the driver, 1/2 inch lower, and wider...more comfortable than stock.

Bike is fantastic, but you're going to find that the stock shock is really not suitable for 2 up riding...you'll scrape a fair amount.  I ended up years ago upgrading to a Wilbers shock, and it made a world of difference in terms of handling riding 2 up with gear.

• Like 1

I've read in the german forum a couple of times that it is possible to fit a stelvio shock on the rear of the Norge, and that this solves the clearance problems and improves the handling generally. I gather the Stelvio shock is a bit longer.

That is hearsay, and only intended as a starting point for your own research!

What else I have read: the Norge is probably the best ever Guzzi for two-up riding, although some Stelvio owners prefer the Stelvio. :huh2:

41 minutes ago, audiomick said:

I've read in the german forum a couple of times that it is possible to fit a stelvio shock on the rear of the Norge, and that this solves the clearance problems and improves the handling generally. I gather the Stelvio shock is a bit longer.

That is hearsay, and only intended as a starting point for your own research!

What else I have read: the Norge is probably the best ever Guzzi for two-up riding, although some Stelvio owners prefer the Stelvio. :huh2:

I would probably have Jim Hamlin rebuild the front forks and replace the rear shock to set it up properly for two. I agree with PJPRP01 about installing a Corbin seat,  possibly w heat. Other than that I found a low mileage 2V Norge, clean overall condition at a good price, need to make a deal first. 

• Like 1

Budget to have to replace swingarm and shock linkage bearings as well as a new shock. All the CARC bikes use the same shock linkages and swingarm, the only differences are shock length and upper mount location which governs suspension travel. With a Norge you can go to a Stelvio length shock easily enough and it will quicken up the steering a tad as well as offering more travel but of course it means a small increase in seat height.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2023 at 6:46 PM, Joe said:

Does a Norge make for good two up riding? Also is there enough rear seat leg room for a taller rider? Nicole/wife has 34 inseam, worried she would have enough room to foot pegs. Are there lowering rear foot peg kits? 

Toured with my 2014 Norge for years then sold it and started traveling with the Stelvio ( the ultimate suv of Guzzis ).

Stelvio has tons of room for me as well as any passenger and with the factory top loader bags I personally will never go back to the Norge for traveling.

Of course that's until I cant get it of the side stand then maybe a V85 or other. :D

Ciao

• Like 1