MPH Cycle / Spiegler Bar Riser Kit

4corsa

I got this high-quality custom kit with my 03 Le Mans, and thought I might install it one day but have decided against it. Very nice billet aluminum risers with Guzzi logo etched in two spots. The brake and clutch lines are Spiegler braided stainless lines. Instructions included. Rise is 2.5"

$135 shipped (in the lower 48).c4bb267a7132ad28aa7389556df0171c.jpgdf95533fca68224101dce33f1483b6e4.jpg1b863056dd9204ff0e9cc4aef3a9288b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Al, you won't regret installing the MPH Riser Kit, easy reach. I had to buy a stainless clutch hose for a Centauro which was a little longer than the one provided in the kit.

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_5608 (003).jpg

• Thanks 2

Thanks, I now have two different bar-riser and foot-control options to evaluate and mix & match to hopefully find a good geometry for me :thumbsup:

I had a set of the MPH risers many years ago, and actually sold them a few years back, but they were an incomplete set with just the risers alone.

This set grabbed my attention because they came with the brake & clutch lines, instructions, and I guess are a later batch that have the MG eagle engraving which makes them look OEM B)   Regardless of which bar riser set I use, I also likely needed the lines, so this was good timing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

Thanks, I now have two different bar-riser and foot-control options to evaluate and mix & match to hopefully find a good geometry for me :thumbsup:

I had a set of the MPH risers many years ago, and actually sold them a few years back, but they were an incomplete set with just the risers alone.

This set grabbed my attention because they came with the brake & clutch lines, instructions, and I guess are a later batch that have the MG eagle engraving which makes them look OEM B)   Regardless of which bar riser set I use, I also likely needed the lines, so this was good timing.

Al, I’ve owned two V11 Sports w Mph riser kits. Your right the original early version had  MPH scribed on them, the later has the Eagle which I prefer.

Docc/Al, when Kale & I ride down to Spring SSR, you will be able to see both V11 Sports and riser kits.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

I also have some Centauro and the Motratech foot controls, and similarly will be trying both at some point.

Curious! How are the Centauro foot controls different from the V11s original? 

Are they a direct swap/install? 

1 hour ago, Speedfrog said:

Curious! How are the Centauro foot controls different from the V11s original? 

Are they a direct swap/install? 

The Centauro controls mostly appear to be a simple bolt-on affair other than making and adding a small extension piece for the shifter, noted in the quoted excerpt below.  They look to be something in-between the stock V11 Sport high-ish pegs and the very low and forward Motratech controls.

The real trick is finding all the Centauro parts.  But there are a few bits & pieces on eBay right now, so they do show up used and even NOS.  One could probably call some of the prominent MG parts houses and they may have some old sets.

And here you go, a write-up from a former forum member:

Modifying a 2002+ Le Mans' ergos (obairlann.net)

Footpegs

The footpeg installation promised to be very straightforward, compared to the handlebars. It should have been a simple matter of bolting on the new peg plates and control levers. Of course, it couldn't be that simple.

It turns out that when they went from the 5-speed Centauro gearbox to the 6-speed Sport/Le Mans, they changed the dimension between mounting points on the shift lever. If you look at the close-up of the shift lever below, you can see a skeletonized bracket coming up off the lever, with an extension plate attached to the front, to fit it to the Centauro lever. The plate was fabricated by Moto International out of a small piece of 1/4 inch aluminum, with two holes drilled in the appropriate locations.

Other than this minor problem, the pegs and levers were entirely straightforward. The Centauro levers don't have that cool skeletonized look of the stock Le Mans controls, but you can only ask for so much. With any luck, Moto Guzzi will notice that quite a number of people are interested in this mod, and put together a kit that does it with a bit better overall integration.

img_1725.jpg

img_1729.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1