Le Mans fairing screen

arveno

Hi everyone, sorry I posted this here I wasn’t sure where to post this question… not very technical.

I have a Le Mans fairing and missing the screen ( the clear part)

where can I find one ? 
thank you 

• Like 1

It's a German company, so having it sent to USA might be expensive. They have a very good reputation here, so you might like to enquire.

https://www.mrashop.de/modellbezogene-produkte/motoguzzi/v11-le-mans/alle-bj/7140/v11-lemans-originalformscheibe-om-alle-baujahre?number=I4025066089666

Look around on the site. They also offer a higher screen, if that should be interesting for you. :huh2:

Edit: I didn't notice initially, but there is a button on there that allows the choice of "english" as language. The translation is acceptable. :)

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, audiomick said:

It's a German company, so having it sent to USA might be expensive. They have a very good reputation here, so you might like to enquire.

https://www.mrashop.de/modellbezogene-produkte/motoguzzi/v11-le-mans/alle-bj/7140/v11-lemans-originalformscheibe-om-alle-baujahre?number=I4025066089666

Look around on the site. They also offer a higher screen, if that should be interesting for you. :huh2:

Edit: I didn't notice initially, but there is a button on there that allows the choice of "english" as language. The translation is acceptable. :)

That’s perfect, thank you so much.

• Like 1

I got my MRA extended touring screen from Twisted Throttle,I "think" they may be the only authorized dealer in NA, but I could be wrong on that.

Iirc it had to be ordered in before they shipped it to me, 3-4 wks total to my door and it qualified for free shipping due to the price,which I notice due to the exchange rate has actually gone down $5,lol.

I went with the "Smoke Grey" there's a picture of it in my gallery photos if you want to take a look at it.

https://twistedthrottle.com/shop/body-and-fairing/windshields-accessories/windshields/mra-touringscreen-windshield-for-moto-guzzi-v11-lemans-02-06-5/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had an MRA briefly. It was easier to tuck under the wind. But for most riding I sit more upright and it put the wind at my helmet level. I went back to the stock height, which kept the wind lower. For reference, I am 6'0" tall. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scud said:

I had an MRA briefly. It was easier to tuck under the wind. But for must riding I sit more uprights and it put the wind at my helmet level. I went back to the stock height, which kept the wind lower. For reference, I am 6'0" tall. 

Yeah, raised windscreens can be a mixed bag if not designed with some actual aerodynamic R&D, and I think a lot of them fall into that category.

And of course then there is the aesthetic component that may matter to some owners.  The raised windscreens like my MRA do make the lines of the bike a little weird to be honest.  I've toyed with putting the original screen back on at some point and seeing if either is really that much better from an aerodynamic standpoint because the original does look better.

But again, the "tall" MRA I have, which is now about 20 years old, is a great quality product.  

• Like 2

On 2/26/2023 at 11:49 AM, al_roethlisberger said:

Yeah, raised windscreens can be a mixed bag if not designed with some actual aerodynamic R&D, and I think a lot of them fall into that category.

And of course then there is the aesthetic component that may matter to some owners.  The raised windscreens like my MRA do make the lines of the bike a little weird to be honest.  I've toyed with putting the original screen back on at some point and seeing if either is really that much better from an aerodynamic standpoint because the original does look better.

But again, the "tall" MRA I have, which is now about 20 years old, is a great quality product.  

the raised screen is the same screen.. but extended  (duh) so they can be trimmed (I did) easily with a jigsaw and the edge smoothed out with sand paper. Re-cover the edge with oem or box-store edging. I actually made mine an inch lower than stock because like scud, I like the wind lower. ... and it looks cool

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2023 at 11:39 AM, audiomick said:

I just found another one:

https://www.road-race-service.de/product-437.html

I know absolutely nothing about that vendor. Just stumbled across the site whilst looking for a screen for my V35 Imola. Hens teeth are easier....

Hens teeth are easier :D

• Like 1