V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

That exhaust alone is like $1000 and VERY hard to find !! Rarer than hen's teeth.

Yes indeed, and he has the proper ECU to go with it. What's all that white stuff around the bike in the photos?

Be sure to check the VIN to see if there are any recalls open, and if the bike has had the work done. Any Piaggio dealer can look it up.

The transmission recall affected 680 bikes, of which only 564 were done, the last one being mine, done late last year, almost 10 years after the recall was issued.

It is now called "Flexible Hose" recall, and 8.8 hours are allotted to fix it.

Piaggio still honors the transmission recall, but they don't make it easy for dealers, and few dealers are capable of doing it.

I would be suspicious of early, low mileage bikes for this reason.

Speaking of low mileage, I bought my 2004 Ballabio in 2012 and it had

little under 6000 miles on it. Maybe some people bought them to be more of a collectors item than a regular ride. I've almost doubled the mileage since I've had it and I feel I haven't ridden as much as I would like to or have in the past. I have owned a few bikes before and I have to say the Ballabio is my favourite for long rides.

Interesting that both these bikes sold for the same price ($6600 us), they looked like very nice bikes for the price!

Wow, here's one for the collection!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V11-Sport-/251451304277

Tenni #128 just found a new owner. Traded in part for a very well-kept Aprilia Futura. :(

I am sure the gentleman that picked it up will be taking very good care of it, and I will get right of first refusal if he decides to let it go in the future.

Of course I sent him this direction...nice guy.  The bike had become my only real commuter, since my BMW clean up turned into a full restoration.  It needs to be someone's second, fair weather bike and it was going to be awhile until I could get another one.  I have no chance of making it too long without a V11 so I'll be on the hunt as soon as the new child arrives and the dust settles around here a bit.