V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

Are missing turn signals in the "small cosmetic flaw" category?

Otherwise, it looks like a nice, stock example and a good price. Assuming the clocks work, gearbox recall complete &c . . .

• Like 1

Hey Docc, the turn signals are present, just non-functional...probably needs a new relay is all. Really awesome set of photos for my archives on this one. Seems like the Rosso Mandellos I've seen have been heavily modified or well used, this one is the first one that I'd get for the "collection". :)

Damn, I hope all these nice examples are still around when I win the lottery!

Are missing turn signals in the "small cosmetic flaw" category?

Otherwise, it looks like a nice, stock example and a good price. Assuming the clocks work, gearbox recall complete &c . . .

I couldn't resist contacting the owner of the Greenie - talked to the guy for 15 minutes or so. He has a Ducati 916 and thought he didn't need two bikes...he is now re-considering keeping the V11 though (I may have helped him re-light the Guzzi fires). Even at that extremely low price, he has been getting some low ball offers and that has discouraged him from wanting to let it go too. Welcome to the world of Craigslist!

He says he doesn't use turn signals, his Duc doesn't have them either...but it didn't sound like he was the one who took them off. Small scratch on one muffler, some cracking on the front fender where the two halves meet up, but otherwise nice and shiny.

He guesses he might be the third owner but isn't sure. Veglia clocks work fine (they aren't ITI afterall!). He just replaced the clutch with a Guzzi OEM part, but he noticed the new clutch has solid rivets, whereas the old one hollow rivets. He attributes this to why the friction material came loose on the original clutch (slipping). New fork seals, new rear brake pads, all fluids. Not sure if any recalls were done, but he was aware of these bikes having that transmission pawl spring issue. He hasn't had any tranny issues since owning it, but did note it likes to be shifted positively. He is a mechanic and he did all the recent work including balancing the throttle bodies. He installed manual petcock and fixed some cracking on the side panel cover mounting holes with JB weld. He asked me about aftermarket cans and PCIII stuff, but it sounds like he is probably going to leave it stock. Really just needs some new tires and cosmetic fixes, and it will be good to go. Damn, if I didn't have a huge tax bill this year I think there'd be a red frame en el garaje.

That's a really nice one. Not at all like my high mile rat bike. :whistle:

For the record, the pal spring issue arose largely in 2002, although other years have reported it as well. The early gearbox recall was for the "sliding dogs" and the internal "cush drive." Shifting of affected bikes degraded , but did not fail like the broken pawl spring.

Henk,

I wish I were closer to Bern to go see the bike for you. But those are some good km for a bike that age. Better than it sitting! There should be some good maintenance records, yes?

BTW, the price looks good for what we see in the States for Rosso Corsa.

Hi mg77,

I've seen this bike. It's not mine although it was looking OK.  I'm not in a hurry but I just want a RC again. Although the 1200 sport is a very good allround  bike I miss the character of the V11.  I had  2 V11 LeMans and rode 150k but I liked the bike till the last beat.

7400 miles...I can only imagine what kind of 12 year old teething issues you'll find with mileage that low.  Still, a nice bike.  That's the color of the first V11 I ever rode :wub:

Thanks for those tips guys. I've ridden a champagne and rosso corsa for both 75k and I liked the RC most. It's just better tuned and of course the Ohlins... What I liked about the first series of the V11 is the sound of the clutch, it's like a Duc.  I also like the Daytona. It has even more brute power. It's like a big hammer. That's what I miss at the 1200 sport.