V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

3 hours ago, audiomick said:

Those photos don't do the fairing justice. Too wide-angle.

There are better pictures on the Magni site:

http://www.magni.it/v11_fairing.htm

I think the fairing looks rather good. :)

Yes, that's why I put the title of the listing in quotes, because that does not appear to be a Magni fairing.  The fairing in the ad is probably one of the other various fairings we've seen put on V11s, but not a Magni.

Here is a photo of a forum member's (jtucker) silver V11 Sport with a Magni, and you can see the clear difference in proportion and form.  The Magni looks much better in my opinion than the fairing that is on the V11 in the eBay listing, which is very bulky.

P4190008.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes, having had a closer look, you're right. That is not a Magni fairing. The "bulge" going back from the side of the headlight is a dead giveaway.

The one in the ad looks like a copy of an old Ducati 900 or 750 SS. Something like this:

https://www.ricambiweiss.com/de/verkleidungsteile/ducati-537/ducati-750-900-ss-koenigswelle/dr75-s-ricambi-weiss-motorrad-verkleidung-halbschale-ducati-750-900-ss-moto-guzzi-le-mans.html

Be that as it may, the photos in the ad don't do the bike justice. They were probably taken with a mobile phone or something. The lens on the "camera" is very wide angle, and the photos show a great deal of lens abberation.

And the experts woud call this fairing a Magni, or ?
Cheers Tom. c7f8f871c64354ff310cb23a972bb642.jpg6843059bb982fcc4a380ca199902efee.jpgaf9fc04baccce29da7ad32f1372da0bb.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

Not sure what to think about this one without contacting the dealer to see if it is an error, or if they actually have an unsold 2000 Jackal on their hands... which is possible.  It happens.

The only photo (below) they show is the stock marketing photo.  So maybe it is still in the shipping crate and not yet setup?  

I've reached out to the dealer to clarify.  It might be an interesting opportunity since I've been keeping an eye out for one of the MG cruisers.

2000 Moto Guzzi California Jackal For Sale in Greer - Cycle Trader

2000 Moto Guzzi California Jackal Motorcycles Greer South Carolina MOT1176 (d2powersports-greer.com)

640b7334c98ea250d662c20c.jpg

9 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

Not sure what to think about this one without contacting the dealer to see if it is an error, or if they actually have an unsold 2000 Jackal on their hands... which is possible.  It happens.

The only photo (below) they show is the stock marketing photo.  So maybe it is still in the shipping crate and not yet setup?  

I've reached out to the dealer to clarify.  It might be an interesting opportunity since I've been keeping an eye out for one of the MG cruisers.

2000 Moto Guzzi California Jackal For Sale in Greer - Cycle Trader

2000 Moto Guzzi California Jackal Motorcycles Greer South Carolina MOT1176 (d2powersports-greer.com)

640b7334c98ea250d662c20c.jpg

I spoke with the dealership, and the listing is an error.  The Jackal is not "new" (such as NOS in a crate), the mileage is said to be approximately 15k miles.  

• Thanks 1

Nice gray 2003+ tank on eBay.

I'm not sure which model this would have come from, but it looks like a really nice blue or even green-ish gray metal flake color.  I bet it looks great out in the sunlight  :sun:

It may have some decal bubbling/lift on the right side though.  It's hard to tell for sure from the photos.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204279285601

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1