V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

15 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

Nice gray 2003+ tank on eBay.

I'm not sure which model this would have come from, but it looks like a really nice blue or even green-ish gray metal flake color.  I bet it looks great out in the sunlight  :sun:

It may have some decal bubbling/lift on the right side though.  It's hard to tell for sure from the photos.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204279285601

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Looking at some online photos, I wonder if this came off a black Lemans?  I thought those were all black, but looking closer at some photos it appears that the tank and some other body parts are actually a dark gray, while the fairing and rear are black.

On 3/9/2023 at 7:46 PM, LowRyter said:

Despite the low price, there appears to be lots of bids.  I doubt if anyone will grab it for less than $2000.  There are lots of bikes but the bids started at $25, so these bikes have gotten someone's attention.  

My lowball bids of $300 have been surpassed on the 2 MGs I took the bait on.  

53 minutes ago, mikev said:

My lowball bids of $300 have been surpassed on the 2 MGs I took the bait on.  

I'm shocked, you didn't get a $4k bike for $3bucks>  

so what did it sell for it?

Wow, this mileage may rival @docc

The owner doesn't state a price, and it's not entirely clear if it is actually for sale or if he is just sharing information about the bike.  But it sounds like it is for sale?

2000 Moto Guzzi - driven 123,456 miles
2000 V11 Sport. I have had this bike in my shop for several years which i bought, as an on and off project. This bike had the typical stress crack showing at some of the engine webbing which was common for the early red frame V11's ( came with a salvage tilte due to this) which has now been professionally repaired. The bike runs and rides well with good power, has NOS tach & speedo, Power Commander, Throttlemiester, Stucchi crossover, Rizoma mirrors, tires show little wear, new Bosch fuel pump & filter, new starter brand new Shorai lithium ion battery- Tank looks brand new. Throttle bodies balanced/synched - bike runs very well. Slight drip from pinion seal. Lots I'm forgetting.. located in SW VA.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/129462630430089/permalink/6136886696354289/

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful red frame w some painted bits & carbon fiber. Looks like later gen gauges installed too. :ph34r:

On 3/24/2023 at 4:00 PM, LowRyter said:

I'm shocked, you didn't get a $4k bike for $3bucks>  

so what did it sell for it?

haha, yeah me too!

it's an auction, I made pre-auction bids.  Auction is some time in mid April I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Another fine example of a well cared for V11. Original owner making room for a new V100. This bike looks vaguely familiar...  :bike:  Two nice V11's now for sale in this area of the country, both original owners.

https://greenbay.craigslist.org/mcy/d/green-bay-2000-moto-guzzi-v11-sport/7604237442.html

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, activpop said:

Another fine example of a well cared for V11. Original owner making room for a new V100. This bike looks vaguely familiar...  :bike:  Two nice V11's now for sale in this area of the country, both original owners.

https://greenbay.craigslist.org/mcy/d/green-bay-2000-moto-guzzi-v11-sport/7604237442.html

Nice! Would love to see an image under that seat . . .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, activpop said:

Original owner making room for a new V100.

I find it "important" to provide a rationale for the sale. I always do. I also provide the reason why I purchased it in the first place.

I did not sell many vehicles in the USA, but each time I did, the individuals who purchased them said knowing the why was determinant is picking the vehicle i was selling rather than alternatives.

I also provide a binder with everything administrative and maintenance related since the vehicle's purchase. It does not change the fact that if anything can go wrong, it will, independently of how much scheduled or reliability centered maintenance you do. But at least, the candidate purchaser can verify you did your best to keep the vehicle in good shape.

The "making room" is a cursed necessity that I know too well. I really would love to have room for another motorcycle, but I don't.

15 hours ago, activpop said:

It looks to be well cared for, and very stock B)

Some photos from the ad for future reference if the bike comes through the forum later.

00000_5djeYFrlGl2_0CI0oI_1200x900.jpg

00H0H_9VSNgylJuME_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_aEKP13nEktO_0CI0oI_1200x900.jpg

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 9:23 PM, al_roethlisberger said:

Available via auction, ending April 15th, 2023.

Current bid:  $225 USD

2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans, Champagne, 11756 miles

https://auctions.yodersold.com/auctions/8151/lot/10622-Motorcycle-2002-MOTO-GUZZI-V11-LEmans

wnI2SQzTyryYFYYkSJ0k3ED9.jpg

APTUFnMTLC5D8Z70MXa2YHLE.jpg

Sold for $3,750