V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

20 minutes ago, docc said:

@velofish took his ad down here after he reported the bike sold.

wildguzzi links never work for me, either . . .

I don't know how they keep that forum going.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, swooshdave said:

Neither one of those links works for me.

The bike has been sold, I’m assuming the ads were removed.

39 minutes ago, docc said:

wildguzzi links never work for me, either . . .

Are you a member on WG? If not, you might have to be to access the classified there.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 11:51 AM, Speedfrog said:

The bike has been sold, I’m assuming the ads were removed.

Are you a member on WG? If not, you might have to be to access the classified there.

Very much a member. The link still didn't work.

On 5/10/2023 at 8:10 AM, fotoguzzi said:

RM f/s near me.. I’ve sent inquiry, has the DS/UJ ever been greased, any trouble with clutch ? Waiting for reply. I’m not bowled over by it but might go take a look, about 90 miles from me.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/mcy/d/new-ulm-2001-moto-guzzi-v11-sport/7619533648.html

This bike is not one of the first 300.. it does not have the carbon fiber exhaust, just the heavy stock V11  mufflers. 18,000 miles .. asking 4995. I think it’s a little high.. the extras, luggage and throttle mister don’t do much for me. center stand, yes that’s nice to have...anyone care to comment?

1 hour ago, fotoguzzi said:

This bike is not one of the first 300.. it does not have the carbon fiber exhaust, just the heavy stock V11  mufflers. 18,000 miles .. asking 4995. I think it’s a little high.. the extras, luggage and throttle mister don’t do much for me. center stand, yes that’s nice to have...anyone care to comment?

I'm not feelin' the love . . . <_<

25 minutes ago, docc said:

...looks like a nice bike to me.  I don't think nice Spineys are getting any cheaper.    I don't see the point of criticizing our own family of bikes.  I think this one might need a bellhousing support? 

Condition means a lot.  If you want it, where ya gonna find another?

• Like 2

Comment:

I wrote further up that the bike is very pretty. On the downside, when the seller starts the text with "Limited edition and collectable Rosso Mandello", it can be taken as an idication that he thinks it is worth more than it really is, or he is punting for more than he knows it is worth. :huh2:

49 minutes ago, docc said:

I should clarify that I'm not feelin' fotoguzzi's love for the bike.

20 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

...looks like a nice bike to me.  I don't think nice Spineys are getting any cheaper.    I don't see the point of criticizing our own family of bikes.  I think this one might need a bellhousing support? 

Condition means a lot.  If you want it, where ya gonna find another?

I so agree with this. Others have pointed out that, as the world's premier V11 Sport/LeMans community, we consistently undervalue examples that come up.  I really enjoy looking over listings for what is changed, what accessories are offered, common issues, and try to share what knowledge we have accumulated about these rather rare (and soon-to-be-vintage) motorcycles.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Well, it only takes one...

• Like 1

Not one of the first 300. But I think they only made another 300 not numbered. Still fairly rare. I haven't seen another on the road since I bought the one I have, and It's also not numbered. 

• Like 3

I think the black Sport is almost as rare.. remember John Fish sold his after being on the market for a long time.. for $3000. Similar mileage I think.. Black at least as fetching as the roso ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

Comment:

I wrote further up that the bike is very pretty. On the downside, when the seller starts the text with "Limited edition and collectable Rosso Mandello", it can be taken as an idication that he thinks it is worth more than it really is, or he is punting for more than he knows it is worth. :huh2:

every V11 is a limited edition collectable.  Some just more so.  :grin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

I think the black Sport is almost as rare.. remember John Fish sold his after being on the market for a long time.. for $3000. Similar mileage I think.. Black at least as fetching as the roso ..

pretty but slow.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, docc said:

I should clarify that I'm not feelin' fotoguzzi's love for the bike.

I so agree with this. Others have pointed out that, as the world's premier V11 Sport/LeMans community, we consistently undervalue examples that come up.  I really enjoy looking over listings for what is changed, what accessories are offered, common issues, and try to share what knowledge we have accumulated about these rather rare (and soon-to-be-vintage) motorcycles.

That happens in every single community... except the Ferrari folks. Unless they are talking about the Daytona they bought in 1981 for $5000.

We want the prices to be low so we can buy more. But we want the prices to be high when we sell. Fickle are we.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, swooshdave said:

That happens in every single community... except the Ferrari folks. Unless they are talking about the Daytona they bought in 1981 for $5000.

We want the prices to be low so we can buy more. But we want the prices to be high when we sell. Fickle are we.

More truth. B)

• Like 1