Are all year models v11 Le Mans fairings the same?

Scura R

I could be interested in mounting a Le Mans fairing on my Scura R 2005( if I can find one for sale). The Scura R is technically identical to Cafe Sport and Coppa Italia. Will the fitting be relatively easy? Can I keep the 2005 dash? I have seen a Coppa Italia with Le Mans fairing somewhere, so I know it`s done. But can I use any year model? Tried to find this topic, and sorry if it already exists.

• Sad 1

"The Scura R is technically identical to Cafe Sport and Coppa Italia"

Not sure what you mean by that........:huh2:

53 minutes ago, KINDOY2 said:

"The Scura R is technically identical to Cafe Sport and Coppa Italia"

Not sure what you mean by that........:huh2:

The way the headlamp and instruments are mounted to the Scura-R is the same as the frame mounted set-up of the Café Sport, Coppa Italia, and Ballabio.

gallery_25_22537.jpggallery_25_13694.jpg

Other than the matter of mounting the LeMans fairing and mating up to the headlamp/instruments, I wonder about clearance for the handlebars (versus the LeMans' clip-ons) . . .

• Like 2

I don't believe there were any changes to the v11 Lemans fairings and supporting framework for the entire run, but one would need to check the parts diagrams for each year to be certain.  That being said, I suspect any would work if you were to get the entire assembly from one bike.

Not that any of the following is completely helpful with your exact question, but I was just Goggling around about that "Coppa Lemans"/"CoppaMans" about a week ago out of curiosity, and it appears that more than one conversion may have been done or considered.  So the links below may be interesting.  There were some links to other forums from some of the threads here, but those are apparently dead now.

The fellow ( manuelbig ) that did his was a member here for a while, and although he has been inactive since 2012, Jaap may have his email.  If so you could reach out to him to see what he remembers about the conversion and any lessons learned.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/profile/9233-manuelbig/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1