Broken Torque Rod Bolt

LowRyter

16 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Ah, now I see nuts. :)

Expensive, methinks, but very, very pretty. :)

Yep, I figure using my existing "spacer" and adding the expensive washer and nut to the Moto Guzzi cadmium bolt will set me back a whopping $10US including the shipping costs.

• Like 1

I'm getting the Greenie back tomorrow.  Rode it today before I rode the Mandello.  It's pretty stout, broken bolt replaced, new tires and brakes,  Brembo levers (free) and  dyno tuned ....  wont outrun the Mandello in a straight line, right now I'd take the Sport in the twisties.  So far as a beauty contest, Green wins.  

Got the EV back, runs better than in many years. I'll be Guzzi @100% tomorrow or the next day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2023 at 9:18 AM, al_roethlisberger said:

Shouldn't the nylok/nylock nut really be replaced after one use as well, especially for something that crucial, or is that overkill?

It is a good idea to replace nylock nuts after use if in a critical application, but there is an alternative.

A check for "Run On" torque can tell you if the nut locking function is still effective.

I'd call my Rear Axle nut critical, and the locking is a bit marginal, so one day...   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2023 at 7:29 PM, docc said:

So, as pretty as the Moto Guzzi bolts are, cadmium plated, these nuts&washers (two days from McMaster-Carr) have a stunning black finish. That they look like powder coat is confirmed seeing they are Black Luster®, a Columbia Coatings powder coat product.

IMG_9634.jpg

Are the bolts the correct size without modification?

Do you have the McMaster-Carr part number for the bolts in case anyone needs them?

On 5/28/2023 at 7:57 AM, al_roethlisberger said:

Are the bolts the correct size without modification?

Do you have the McMaster-Carr part number for the bolts in case anyone needs them?

The cadmium plated bolts are the correct Guzzi part GU01357731 from Harpermoto. @Curtis Harper still has a few on hand. Always best to call Curtis (and mention V11LeMans.com).

I could not find the correct shank length (thread length) bolt at McMaster-Carr, but sourced the powder coated, 10.9 hardness, nuts and washers there. Those part numbers and links are in this post:

• Like 1