Universal joints

activpop

I've got one axis on the rear that doesn't articulate smoothly...did a search for this problem but didn't come up with much. Are there replacement parts available...like needle bearings and cup?

2 hours ago, activpop said:

I've got one axis on the rear that doesn't articulate smoothly...did a search for this problem but didn't come up with much. Are there replacement parts available...like needle bearings and cup?

You would have to replace the entire cross (universal joint). There is a source in the Encyclopedia of Compatible Parts . . .

I assume this is related to your Moto Guzzi Stelvio 2012?

Here's the part from this site in French which I have not vetted yet; https://www.pieces-motoguzzi.com/moto-guzzi-motos/1200-MOTO-GUZZI-MOTORCYCLES/STELVIO/2012/Stelvio-8V-STD--NTX/Chassis/Transmission-cpl/415/70/1028002262/976

In any case, the part does not look like from a CARC, but if you have no luck anywhere else, including used spares, maybe I can check with them. They sell parts everywhere in the World, and I would think they can answer in English.

On 3/18/2023 at 9:36 AM, activpop said:

1 hour ago, p6x said:

I assume this is related to your Moto Guzzi Stelvio 2012?

Here's the part from this site in French which I have not vetted yet; https://www.pieces-motoguzzi.com/moto-guzzi-motos/1200-MOTO-GUZZI-MOTORCYCLES/STELVIO/2012/Stelvio-8V-STD--NTX/Chassis/Transmission-cpl/415/70/1028002262/976

In any case, the part does not look like from a CARC, but if you have no luck anywhere else, including used spares, maybe I can check with them. They sell parts everywhere in the World, and I would think they can answer in English.

Yes, please clarify, @activpop, V11 or Stelvio?

7 hours ago, docc said:

Yes, please clarify, @activpop, V11 or Stelvio?

I just got the Stelvio last week...no time to get into it yet. Who do you think I am?...Speedy Linguini? :luigi:  I'll keep questions about that on the proper page.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if these V11 replacement universal joints are available still from that same supplier in Montreal. Or if they could be sourced elsewhere?

IMG_6315.jpg

If you change them out, remember to retain the special, angled, reduced size Zerks fitted to your originals.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, docc said:

I wonder if these V11 replacement universal joints are available still from that same supplier in Montreal. Or if they could be sourced elsewhere?

IMG_6315.jpg

If you change them out, remember to retain the special, angled, reduced size Zerks fitted to your originals.

Those are the ones he says are in stock...CR15's. I sent him the pic for confirmation.

• Like 1

I did a lot of homework to find these. I tracked the manufacturer to Italy, but I could never find anyone in Italy who will ship to the U.S.- it seems to be an Italian tradition not to. 

The important thing here is to know that there are other units out there that have the correct measure on the box- but they are beyond junk. The only other vehicle I've ever found this size on are some Russian manufactured 4x4 ATV. I ordered some from China and when they came they looked like they were hand-hammered from poor iron ore by an upland Pakistani with two hard stones. I never found *any* confident source for the genuine Concordia units other than the Montreal distributor- I'm sure they can be had in Europe, but I couldn't find any path to order them simply- thus the phone call to Montreal.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...