v11 le mans europe gearbox

igor

13 hours ago, docc said:

Yes, those are the adjustments that ensure none of the mechanism fouls against the frame side plate, the starter, or any wires or tubing that may be routed near.

Servicing this mechanism is a good starting point. If your gear box is still troublesome, we will go from there.

thanks

18 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

2001 it is! :thumbsup:

That is really interesting! 

Do you mind posting a photo of two of the bike at some point so we can see if MG was delivering anything different or special with a 2001 Lemans?

IMG_8030.JPG

• Like 3

18 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

2001 it is! :thumbsup:

That is really interesting! 

Do you mind posting a photo of two of the bike at some point so we can see if MG was delivering anything different or special with a 2001 Lemans?

03.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, igor said:

03.jpg

Thanks, yours certainly looks like a standard "2002" Champagne Lemans, so I guess MG must have made some of them available in 2001 for the 2002 model year.  And BTW, it looks great and original :sun:

That really isn't that unusual, as even here in the USA automakers and other manufacturers would begin manufacturing the next model year in the months prior and sometimes even would begin selling them late in the preceding year.  So one could get a 1975 model in late 1974.  Maybe that's what MG did here.  Interesting :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 5:02 PM, al_roethlisberger said:

Thanks, yours certainly looks like a standard "2002" Champagne Lemans, so I guess MG must have made some of them available in 2001 for the 2002 model year.  And BTW, it looks great and original :sun:

That really isn't that unusual, as even here in the USA automakers and other manufacturers would begin manufacturing the next model year in the months prior and sometimes even would begin selling them late in the preceding year.  So one could get a 1975 model in late 1974.  Maybe that's what MG did here.  Interesting :thumbsup:

Al, after all those Guzzi years, you have never found out that the USA gets bikes one year late? The le mans was delivered here in 2001, I had one too, where I got my gearbox of for the Daytona. 

It's not only Guzzi that come late to the USA, Aprilia too. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul Minnaert said:

Al, after all those Guzzi years, you have never found out that the USA gets bikes one year late? The le mans was delivered here in 2001, I had one too, where I got my gearbox of for the Daytona. 

Ah, that is interesting.  No, I had no idea  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Paul Minnaert said:

1 hour ago, al_roethlisberger said:

Ah, that is interesting.  No, I had no idea  :thumbsup:

While 1999 V11 Sport are known in Europe, I am not sure we have verified any V11 Sport in the USA until the 2000 year model.

Also, I wonder if the V11 only lingered into 2005 in Europe while US V11 ended with 2004. For instance, I don't think we have ever seen a (delicious) 2005 Scura R in The States . . .

gallery_25_22537.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, audiomick said:

silly fairing, and where are the clip-ons? :huh2::grin:

Ok, so maybe I like it because I can't have it  . . .  :sun:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, docc said:

Ok, so maybe I like it because I can't have it  . . .  :sun:

Reminds me of . . . IDK . . . something . . .  :rolleyes:

2109747581_95c2d42051.jpg

gallery_25_22537.jpg

• Haha 2