The site I use to store my online photos is shutting down.  I remember a couple of years ago some of you were in same situation,

Would appreciate suggestions which site where I can move my gallery of online photos.  Thanks.

51 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

The site I use to store my online photos is shutting down.  I remember a couple of years ago some of you were in same situation,

Would appreciate suggestions which site where I can move my gallery of online photos.  Thanks.

imgzeit .....A++

• Like 2

I use a combination of sites, I do photography has a hobby.

If you want to easily embed your photos such as in this forum, you can try flickr.com; initially, the site was completely free of charge. Now you are limited to 1000 photos or you can subscribe. The walk around is to use multiple accounts.

Then I also use Google photos; with Google photos there is no privacy, but it is free of charge and unlimited.

Amazon photos, if you are a prime member. Unlimited.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, docc said:

What site is shutting down?

DP Review -Digital Photography Review.  I think it's the top photo site for hobbyists.  Hosting member galleries was just one part of it.  Lots of product reviews and many camera specific forums.  

20 minutes ago, p6x said:

I use a combination of sites, I do photography has a hobby.

If you want to easily embed your photos such as in this forum, you can try flickr.com; initially, the site was completely free of charge. Now you are limited to 1000 photos or you can subscribe. The walk around is to use multiple accounts.

Then I also use Google photos; with Google photos there is no privacy, but it is free of charge and unlimited.

Amazon photos, if you are a prime member. Unlimited.

1000 would more than do me.  I just want a hosting site so I can post photos on forums like this and share with other folks on the 'net.

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

I've had good service from Docc's kid..

imgzeit.com/

I remember the mess you went through losing your photo stash for so many step by step projects.

Philanthropy is going away, fast!

All of the hosting sites I have used for years, completely "free of charge", have now updated their policies after they captured you.

I received this email from Shutterfly this morning;

This is a good warning to all of us, to avoid taking for granted those so-called "completely free" sites where you can store stuff. Google being the first one to create and retire apps or sites.

Places like Photobucket or Shutterfly used to based their economical model on traffic to watch the pictures you uploaded. Apparently, it is no longer enough. When they state my account has been inactive, they mean I have not spent money with them.

Shutterfly annoucement