V11 universals

activpop

10 hours ago, dgpmerc said:

I'd be interested in a pair as well if we could get enough people together to put in a second order. 

Semt pm

• 3 weeks later...

I have received another order...I cleaned them out. They will order more but they wont get them for three months. I have a pair or two up for grabs if anybody is in need. PM's please.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, activpop said:

I have received another order...I cleaned them out. They will order more but they wont get them for three months. I have a pair or two up for grabs if anybody is in need. PM's please.

It never occurred to me before to ask, why do they stock these in Canada *at all*? 
I was not able to discover any other vehicle but some obscure Russian 4x4 ATV that uses this size. Curious.

• Like 1

Technomec supplies parts for farming implements. My contact there says this is their busiest time of year as winter has ended and farming is in full swing. I'm told they only sell 10 of these units a year on average. No clue to what they are used for. Maybe farmers with V11's?  :bike::rolleyes:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, activpop said:

Technomec supplies parts for farming implements. My contact there says this is their busiest time of year as winter has ended and farming is in full swing. I'm told they only sell 10 of these units a year on average. No clue to what they are used for. Maybe farmers with V11's?  :bike::rolleyes:

Well, I got nothin'. There's another joint very very close to these dimensions- maybe 2 millimeters bigger- that is possibly the most common joint on the planet for farm implements. Why Mother Goose chose to use something 2mm less than common beats me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Probably not complete, but the motor, gearbox and shaft would be nifty for driving a water pump. :whistle:

Sacrilege!  :o

• Haha 2

As an aside:  If we have a "how to" replace the universal joints thread posted somewhere in the forum it may be helpful to put the link to that discussion in this thread for posterity and reference since this will come up in searches as a top match for the topic  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

As an aside:  If we have a "how to" replace the universal joints thread posted somewhere in the forum it may be helpful to put the link to that discussion in this thread for posterity and reference since this will come up in searches as a top match for the topic  :thumbsup:

My 'Sport driveshaft is different from the V11 shaft, and getting the old joint out was something I need Pete Roper's sailor's vocabulary to describe. I had to push the caps out of one yoke as far as possible, reach in with a brand-new diameter cutoff wheel, cut a leg off and then wedge the first cap out by prying in the cut. I won't do that again short of an imminent failure, and bought a good used shaft to put in place when that happens. 

Docc, how did your change go?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The replacement universals are in the spares cabinet. I was fortunate to source a complete used driveshaft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1